Banks With More 2022 FT Spots?

Hey guys. Currently a BB SA in S&T looking to pivot to IB.

Was wondering if anyone had insight into which banks might have more open spots for FT hiring going into 2022? Whether that be through under-hiring 2021 IB SAs, or through a junior banker exodus that leaves more open spots. 

Any info would be appreciated!

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (4)

Most Helpful
Jul 23, 2021 - 10:38am

Full-time recruiting typically kicks off right as the summer ends and firms have a good idea of how many interns will be returning full-time the following year, i.e. it can be tough to tell right now if each group will have FT recruiting needs.

In a few weeks as internships are winding down, it'll be a lot clearer who has some full-time slots available. However, I personally think if you're looking to recruit directly for full-time offers, then it makes sense to start networking with any connections you have at groups you'd be interested in ASAP.

• Intern in S&T - Equities
Jul 24, 2021 - 12:51pm

Thanks for the insight - do you think August is a fair time to get IBD FT superdays, given I network now? Reason I ask is because we'll only have 2-3 weeks to accept our full-time S&T offer. 

Jul 28, 2021 - 2:15am

If you have a FT offer in hand from the bank you summered at, you'll likely able to leverage the offer to accelerate the FT recruiting process (IF the bank you're applying to has open slots AND they think you might be a good fit).

Most banks know perfectly well that summer analysts have offers that explode mid-August-ish, so that shouldn't be a huge obstacle.

Jul 28, 2021 - 2:15am

Ratione quidem natus beatae sit doloribus officia enim. Quia nam et expedita id enim molestiae autem et. Dignissimos ab possimus et debitis repellat ut. Eveniet qui est ut perspiciatis.

Reiciendis laboriosam sunt qui corporis. Vitae quaerat in quo. Molestias eaque quo labore alias molestias.

Enim qui aut qui dolorem non quas impedit. Sed ea recusandae dignissimos odit nobis adipisci.

Perferendis incidunt aliquam officia quia sint. Labore voluptas aut sunt non qui et. Ratione magnam saepe qui veritatis corporis.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (218) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (133) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (102) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (483) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (376) $82