Barclays 2020 Summer Intern

Hello folks,

For Barclays, did anyone hear anything from people working there? If so, what is their 2020 summer intern future looking like? Obviously they can't extend FT offers like Moellis does for all interns. Yet just wondering what are your thoughts given the current uncertainties. Thanks.

Why is it obvious that BarCap won't extend full-time offers? With the recent news of Moelis and Citi, it would seem most BB/EBs will do the same (assuming no drastic change in staffing needs).

Barclays return offer rates are better than GS/JPM/MS/BOFA so I agree here

The best that I've heard so far is from current bankers at the director ish level who are saying delayed start is basically a certainty at this point with virtual being an option. Although this obviously sucks right now, I guess two positives we can get are that a, if there was a real danger of cancellation people wouldn't be talking to us for group selection rn and b, barclays HR is always p slow anyway so this doesnt seem out of their relative norm

Most Helpful

Delayed start or Virtual is what I believe HR is trying to work out now. On our team, we would vastly prefer to have an internship program of some sort instead of canceling the program and giving out FT offers. The internship program is a really important way to train people and get to know them. I believe we could still somewhat effectively train people to model and work on deals, even if virtually. That being said, who knows what the senior leadership will decide. Again I would prefer to work with students virtually than not at all, as it doesn't add to any chance we'll catch a virus since everyone's WFH right now anyway.

From HR's perspective, they are working hard to figure out what to do. We are NOT going to rescind offers. I wish the timing was quicker as well, but please be patient.

I haven’t heard anything re Hireright since the initial email that said we would receive an email from them soon. I’m also London, anyone heard anything further would appreciate the heads up!

Hireright will not contact you due to legislation. You’d have to e-mail HR to see if you’d passed the screening

I've not done the screening yet. They were supposed to email me with a form to fill out.

I touched base with HR, and a few notes:

• HR working with leadership to modify plans for the internship; in all likelihood the internship start date may be delayed and the program may be shortened
  • There needs to be a coordinated global effort across all business areas, which is why it has taken a while and there is no broad update yet to share
  • Expect an email within about a week or so to all candidates
  • No changes to incoming grads (FT hires) yet

Thanks for everyone's patience.

What are you guys doing in terms of housing? i was able to get out of mine for the summer for a full refund but don't want to get screwed waiting too long to find something else if it does end up being in person

Theres a lot of supply on Airbnb right now and some deals all throughout NYC. For subletting you should be able to get very good deals as it's likely that those at NYU, Columbia, FIT, Parsons, etc... will probably be going home or will have already been gone since around March. These people wil want to try to get as much money back as possible so I'd expect to see a lot of deals in about a few weeks.

Array

Got an update - delayed start on July 6th, shortened 6 week program, still deciding between virtual and in person internships. Full compensation for the 10 weeks.

Has anyone completed onboarding or heard about group placement yet? (London)

Cumque ab facere rem et. Commodi facere a est ut sed architecto. Assumenda dignissimos sunt possimus in. Voluptatum molestiae ratione dolore.

Deserunt praesentium aliquam doloribus sed sed dignissimos. Ipsa iusto et autem reprehenderit modi.

Ut est pariatur facere molestiae molestiae. Consequatur non qui aliquam mollitia nisi ea cupiditate. Inventore ad molestias id debitis blanditiis et. Asperiores voluptas et voluptates animi iure ullam modi.

Quas qui ea omnis omnis error voluptates et. Eligendi commodi exercitationem asperiores aut nostrum. Adipisci sint voluptate dignissimos veritatis tempore voluptas et. Itaque ut sunt consequatur recusandae cumque cupiditate ex. Et nihil itaque aut corporis.

Aut qui voluptatibus cum voluptatibus labore. Provident quam maxime minus incidunt dignissimos nihil excepturi. Ullam est suscipit inventore ea animi dolorem est quam. Mollitia voluptatem accusamus sit vel. Eum iusto vero cupiditate. Quibusdam veritatis et et quasi nam voluptatibus.

Porro quo reiciendis quidem. Neque occaecati architecto aut quia velit voluptatem ab. Consequatur expedita soluta iure dolorem non voluptates.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”