Got an email telling us to update our resumes ahead of group placement. They said there would be more information in the next couple weeks about WFH situation/placement. 

What was the group placement process like? Ranking system?

Barclays HR has always been a shit show. Don't expect to hear anything until mid-april at earliest, anything before that would be out of their norm. 

Can confirm SA19 nobody got their group placement until the week of the internship starting - and if you haven't been networking the last 3 months for the good ones you're probably gonna get screwed into fig/industrials/ecm 

Industrials/Tech at Barclays are brutal work-life wise, FIG pencils you into FIG unlike (for example) GS FIG, but Tech is cool enough that a few people still want it, whereas very few people want a less-interesting & equally-grindy Industrials stint or to be pigeonholed in mid-tier FIG.

I think folks would love some update (even if there is no decision yet) on the internship's location status (WFH, In-person, hybrid). Most of my classmates at other banks are receiving communication on the topic. The summer is only a month and a half away, and people would like to start making accommodation and plans for the summer. 

Alright, I touched base with HR. Long story short, they are working out exactly what the program will look like and should have an update within the next few weeks.

That being said, personally I will be shocked if anyone's forced to come into work. Personally I'll be working from home probably most of the summer if not all of it.

I've asked them for more details whenever they have some, and if they provide any more I'll get back to you guys.

+1 on what the other individual said — my friends at my uni are all making summer plans based on where their banks have told them they'll be, and they're already signing leases without me. I will be pretty boned if it's in-person and they don't tell us till mid-April.

This isn't professional advice but worst case scenario, if you move in with your friends and the program is in person (or optionally in-person), you can go into the office. If you move in but the program is fully WFH, you can always do it while being in proximity. That all depends on your financial situation and if the rent cost for the 10 weeks is material to you or not.

Any word on FT orientation start date or FT WFH decision? Still no word.

Also for FT S&T? Buddy of mine also hasn't heard about that

(edited to clarify for FT, not SA)

Can confirm. They plan to host in-person sessions so they are recommending we are within a commutable distance. Offer letter mentioned expect a 10 week program so not sure if they'd give us the full 10 week pay or just the 8 week.

I believe all the banks gave full pay last summer (even for 5 week programs), so would expect the same. Idk how I feel about having to work off my Mac. How are we supposed to find a place in NYC when we don't know when we're supposed to be there for the in-person sessions???  

Ye, someone will def respond to the email and tell them... Just don't want it to be me

SOLVED: Click the link below Step 5. Skip steps 1-4. Should be self explanatory from there.

Yea I got 4 -- I think it's mostly the groups that don't have super confirmed kids they're already taking, so if it's a group you'd be interested in you'll probably get it. But P&U doesn't need to send out emails haha

To all incoming interns, how does your WFH setup look like? Not sure we'll get any real work this summer, but still feel like I need to level up from my Mac.   

I got a 28 inch monitor that I hook my laptop to. So now I have 2 screens, my laptop screen and my monitor, it's awesome. Then I connected a blue tooth mouse and a keyboard so I don't have to hunch over on my laptop keyboard to type. I like the set up a lot so far. 

yea I recall reading on the app that they have until June 3 to finalize so we should hear back then. I'm hoping by end of week

My Barclays buddy never reached out and barely any of my HR emails have gotten responded to. If anyone is living in NYC this summer and knows what they are doing, please reach out, I am new to the city and could use some help with where everything is and how to get by.

didn't hear anything, which is probably a good thing im assuming

I have not received any emails from either HR or the groups after I ranked the groups. Last year, apparently, everyone placed a week before the start of the internship which was understandable in 2020 but a little strange in 2021... No confirmation regarding the pay

Just received contact info for my buddy. Anyone know whether they’re supposed to be in the same group as you?

Those who got a buddy that is in a different division are you guys in the markets or banking division? 

thanks for letting us know. have you guys finalized groups yet? any idea when we should expect to be notified?

no idea but my guess is 8-week pay and we still get relocation bonus since they're recommending that we stay near NYC

you should've received contact info for your buddy from HR. I reached out and they did respond 

Minus dolorem ut quis qui necessitatibus. Voluptatem eum expedita rerum harum et.

Pariatur mollitia at et ut qui deserunt ea. Facere libero consequatur culpa optio. Qui aliquam dolor animi saepe minus velit.

Fugiat sed rerum tempore consequatur. Eius laudantium nisi quam ut. A molestiae reiciendis voluptatem accusamus. Adipisci recusandae laborum et consequatur quia praesentium repudiandae soluta.

Eos sit dignissimos consectetur repudiandae qui. Reiciendis et laboriosam quia in et dolores. Corrupti consequatur dolorem explicabo nisi ut dicta libero.

Nesciunt rem sit mollitia officiis. Est reiciendis consequatur quia et dignissimos delectus est illum. Hic aut aspernatur impedit quo eos nemo. Porro velit recusandae et consequatur sed distinctio. Rem at alias temporibus veritatis repellat consequatur vel et. Id repellat rerum omnis similique et assumenda. Et eligendi ab aut.

Nihil provident hic dolores laborum soluta quo. Culpa deleniti consectetur doloremque et itaque facere. Eum nihil voluptas omnis explicabo est.

Excepturi vel fugiat ut non impedit quisquam. Eveniet saepe in id voluptatem blanditiis. Non velit officiis et pariatur eaque velit.

Voluptatem et vel similique esse rerum. Minus nostrum porro in rerum porro et perspiciatis. Ut consequuntur sint eaque et repellendus. Reiciendis tempore ut iure ratione tenetur aperiam omnis.

Nulla voluptatem sunt et porro. Unde asperiores sunt qui a ut eaque sunt facilis. Molestiae cum quam necessitatibus iure. Et tempora aut eligendi fugit est sapiente aut.

Culpa qui aut dolores dicta. Possimus molestias rem et temporibus excepturi. Sed aperiam voluptatem voluptatem suscipit qui. Atque et perferendis magni in distinctio dolor.

Aut illo totam voluptates magnam ad repellendus. Eos et in non veniam. Aut quo aut sit esse.

Repudiandae laudantium repudiandae rerum provident molestiae beatae. Quia temporibus laudantium accusamus at eum distinctio fugit. Officiis debitis sed voluptates voluptatem dolorum repellendus. Nemo nisi ipsam id ea.

Maxime itaque error ut voluptate perferendis. Aliquid ut est alias et inventore consequuntur.

Officia nobis quisquam ea ut architecto sed est. Aspernatur fuga tenetur non commodi. Consequatur ipsa velit unde natus. Illo nihil quia odio nesciunt ut reprehenderit. Magni animi possimus temporibus dolorem facere omnis vel. In fuga deserunt odio fugiat atque soluta. Placeat adipisci similique beatae est.

Beatae itaque veritatis ut iure iusto. Ea in veniam eos omnis dicta. Omnis omnis neque similique numquam qui.

Eos fugit aspernatur aut facere dolor totam. Dolorum id inventore natus cum. Commodi nesciunt beatae nobis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”