Also interested. Does anyone know if interviews are given only on a referral basis (even for HYPSW applicants)? Also will they give interviews before the app deadline (July 1)?

They're de facto on a referral basis only, even for HYPSW, sans diversity candidates.

For all who went through the diversity programs (and thus eligible for accelerated recruiting process), we were told we would be hearing about next steps today... have not received anything yet (idk if it'll be more based on groups or a first email just from recruiting team), anyone else receive updates yet?

Same. Do u know if they're gonna ghost us or at least let ppl know about rejections (for accelerated diversity process)

Given that they told us we're still eligible to do regular cycle recruiting (in the summer, not accelerated), I'd expect to still hear something back from them?

Also when they told us apps would be opening, a lot of them didn't open for the next 7-10 days after that date, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we heard back a little behind schedule / later then they told we would

update, just got the email saying us hearing back could be delayed until early next week, but could begin hearing from certain teams today... would be great if anyone updates when they hear from certain teams / groups

Hey, I see that you guys applied to the PE group. Any stats in terms of how many kids they take & how many applicants? Is it exclusively H/W or is it also other targets like Columbia, Cornell, Darty, Ross, Duke? Wouldn't be surprised if Corporate PE is the most selective group @ BX, it probably is. Also in terms of diversity and what not, is it mainly race, or is it also sexuality? Because if it's also the latter, couldn't someone just say they're bi and that counts as diversity? Would appreciate any tips or hacks you guys may have -- incoming college freshman looking to break into MFPE after undergrad.

Anyone heard from Infra? Sounds like BAAM, SP, RE (certain groups at least), and PWS are all out

Diverse but haven't heard from PE — any updates from anyone on hearing back from BX PE thru the Diverse Leaders Program or otherwise?

Heard from PE Saturday morning. Will keep you chimps posted.

Heard from RE Thursday night but still waiting on the coordinator to reach out to schedule the interviews (although in the notification on Thurs said the interviews would "likely" be this week).. have you heard about actual scheduling yet for PE?

Haven't heard from HR on dates yet either — idk what's taking them so long

Hey man, I see that you applied to the PE group. Any stats in terms of how many kids they take & how many applicants? Is it exclusively H/W or is it also other targets like Columbia, Cornell, Darty, Ross, Duke? In terms of diversity and what not, is it mainly race, or is it also sexuality? Because if it's also the latter, couldn't someone just say they're bi and that counts as diversity? Would appreciate any tips or hacks you guys may have -- incoming college freshman looking to break into MFPE after undergrad. If you could PM me, that would be awesome

Nope haven't heard from growth either idk wtf is taking em so damn long lmao

have you scheduled or had your BREDS interview yet? still waiting for response from scheduler for other RE groups

attended the womens program but didn't get first-round for the accelerated process for any group. Will we be considered for the regular cycle, or are my chances dead now?

did infra just come out this afternoon? interesting because I put infra as my top but got interviews w/ RE groups (second choice) which I would've thought were more competitive than infra

So recruiter reached out to me to schedule PE. I replied but she hasn't confirmed my date or interviewer. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm still waiting to hear regarding scheduling for two RE groups, but got an update yesterday thanking us for our patience saying we'd be receiving further outreach soon and my friend who interviewed with PWS today said she was told that a lot of the other groups are just really slow rn (PWS seems to be the only one moving quickly rn) so seems like we might just have to expect it'll be a more drawn out process for certain groups (esp PE and RE)

recruiter reached out to me Monday for RE scheduling and sent her availability for dates including yesterday and today but still haven't heard back - how many days did you have to wait to confirm scheduling for your PE first round? 

Any information on the pymetrics? What are they like? How much weight do they have in the recruitment process?

Not much you can do about pymetrics, your results are compared to the ones of existing employees in the team you're applying to so there isn't really any right or wrong answer. My guess is that if you have a really solid resume you may still have a shot tho.

will one get rejected if the pymetrics wasn't good enough a couple days after or only at the end of the recruitment cycle?

I received an email last night about scheduling for BREP in general, but still unsure how group specific since I was invited to interview for two different groups within BREP (BREDS was not one of them though)... I gave them my availability and will hopefully be hearing back with confirmation of a day/time

how are interviews going for you monkeys? Consider this a space safe to chat — I know just as well as the rest of y'all that this shit can get stressful sometimes :)

Thank you! Do you know if everyone from the women's diversity program got a mentor and a first interview - was that automatic?

what group did you interview for last week?  also re: other comment, the number of interviews (i.e. if there is a second round or just straight from first round to superday) I've heard varies group by group and also by the year depending on how many candidates there are, how competitive the pool is, how many spots they're looking to fill, etc... so the process will be a lot quicker (w/ fewer total interviews) for some groups than others

Does anyone have insight into how the infra pe recruiting timeline is looking like? When are first rounds and superdays  estimated to be taking place?

Did everyone who was in the 2day women’s diversity meeting get a mentor and then first interview?

If I am still in the process for summer 21, should I apply for regular right now? Interested in RE, had a solid summer last year with avg grades

I assume they're reviewing on a rolling basis....

Non-target

Being realistic, your a non target with avg grades and nothing spectacular experience wise. Your not making it to Blackstone... Focus your time at other firms. 

Target from Canada, not the US, so I labeled myself as non-target. Got a few alumni in Blackstone coffee chatted a while back but they're not RE specific

I believe so, but right now the interviews that are happening are for the accelerated diversity track, which involved you getting selected for one of the diversity exploratory programs (Diverse Leaders or Women Leaders) in fall or spring. I believe that after these are finished, the regular process will start, so you will probably be in that second wave given you applied relatively recently. 

This guy is beyond full of shit^^ Got PE Super Day yesterday and it isn't until next week

Does anyone know how competitive BAAM is and how many interns they take each year? Also, are fall diverse leaders also being considered for the accelerated process. How many people approximately got first rounds across all groups? just looking at my chances 

I was at their diversity event as a veteran. Most of those kids are coming from wealthy backgrounds just happened to be POC. All went to top boarding schools where tuition is easily over 60k/yr. They all know this thing doesn't make any sense but are taking advantage, like if it's there, why not? It made me sick to my stomach

has anyone heard back for an RE superday (any group)? timeline seems to be super stretched out

I think today was the last day of first rounds, at least for AM, BREIT, and ACQ (I think BREDS might be on a slightly different timeline) so I'm thinking that those who get superdays for any of those groups will be notified early next week probably.  what RE groups are you waiting to hear from?

Does anyone know how many interns are hired in each group - especially PWS?

Anyone have any idea if it's feasible to try to buy time on offers? How long do these offers take before exploding?

waiting to hear back after first rounds for RE but curious when you got your superday notif was it from HR / recruiting the same way as for first rounds or was it from someone in PE / on the team?

have you heard anything? I had mine yesterday and still nothing

Attended the event across the pond recently. Does everyone get an accelerated first round interview in the US or is a first round with any of your top 3 preferences not guaranteed?

congrats!! how long after your superday did you hear about the offer?

Congrats! Did you get your offer from someone on the team or did the recruiter call you?

Ut delectus eum aut ut officiis non. Ad explicabo hic voluptas est occaecati hic fuga. Quae qui ut culpa beatae architecto.

Quis ducimus maiores nihil architecto. Culpa placeat ut veniam voluptatem labore molestiae dolorem. Doloribus at autem et voluptatem eius et facere.

Libero qui et officiis unde et. Esse aut quasi ipsam iusto. Dignissimos recusandae repellendus quisquam quia aliquam sunt iusto beatae.

Et sint cupiditate rerum sunt pariatur quia repudiandae. Enim minima et eum ut error voluptas quia. Libero totam est nostrum tenetur eaque et. Accusamus commodi est iusto ducimus et ducimus voluptas. Est omnis fuga minus voluptatem aut voluptatum. A assumenda quia veritatis rem voluptates tenetur aspernatur.

Qui non vel libero at adipisci incidunt. Voluptas molestiae id aperiam eos. Sint pariatur aut laudantium voluptas et omnis explicabo. Nisi distinctio sit omnis similique ipsam deserunt. Error distinctio rem nulla quia.

Quia earum dolor quam ea ipsum quae enim. Consequuntur consequatur facilis fugiat est provident. Vel modi voluptatem eaque dolor illo. Ipsam ratione est accusamus. Accusamus placeat reiciendis quia repellat fugit sed.

Veritatis labore numquam voluptatem iusto consequuntur. Fuga asperiores suscipit et. Velit laboriosam repellat magnam excepturi necessitatibus est laudantium. Fuga deleniti in et nam quaerat sint. Qui inventore sint perspiciatis nihil.

Totam reprehenderit doloribus et consequatur ipsa. Dolorem sed aut qui nostrum. Consequuntur architecto nihil iure ut quae labore quisquam. Nulla molestiae dolorum exercitationem ut ut.

Doloremque error id sed eum quis. Et itaque fuga autem quo iusto debitis. Deserunt enim ut consequatur rem voluptates expedita. Optio soluta consequatur molestiae beatae cupiditate officia.

Aut cupiditate quos quibusdam laborum atque ratione molestiae architecto. Ut reiciendis rem earum. Amet necessitatibus accusamus consectetur quis saepe molestiae qui ut. Aut molestiae dolorem aperiam qui.

Repellendus laudantium ducimus et itaque unde sit sed. Autem aut perspiciatis neque ab. Architecto reiciendis animi porro nemo tempore officiis.

Rerum voluptatem non fugit laboriosam molestiae. Magni culpa saepe nisi hic. Voluptates veniam similique cupiditate quia. Adipisci aliquam ex quia dignissimos. A doloremque quam atque non ipsum et adipisci.

Iure id facere ea in fugit maiores assumenda sunt. Veniam et eum error quae. Delectus dolorem atque et culpa saepe maiores. Atque aut quasi quia officiis et architecto eum fuga. Dolor tenetur quas quae aut quia.

Itaque dolorem doloribus ut ullam aut. Dolores eos perferendis nemo dolore in. Ut a esse et facere laborum veritatis labore deleniti. Est suscipit consequatur optio earum.

Soluta velit ea quis tempora. Blanditiis quo aliquid nihil dolore. Possimus laboriosam eum voluptatem voluptate odio qui magnam. Dolore et et iure dolore. Non fugiat modi voluptate culpa vitae repudiandae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (21) $586
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (89) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (386) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $157
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (313) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”