I think the answer to this quest is pretty easy. No one wants a numerical answer because there is none.

But seriously a woodchuck will chuck as much wood as it can chuck because the amount of wood it can chuck is dependent on such factors as:

I. The specie of the woodchuck II. The shape of its legs III. The life span of the wood chuck amongst others...

Of course, this is just my take on it. I don't know if its right but I am 99% sure that there is no specific numerical answer.

the asumption that it will chuck as much as it can simply because of its name is problematic. what if its mating season? when would it eat? sleep?

i was a philosophy major before i decided i didn't want to be poor. you cant win...

a woodchuck will chuck as much wood as it can chuck because the amount of wood it can chuck is dependent on such factors as:

I. The specie of the woodchuck II. The shape of its legs III. The life span of the wood chuck amongst others...(such as the time of the year/season e.t.c)

the possible factors can continue ad infinitum;

The focus of this question is on wit and structure, period.

And P.S.- It can chuck as much as it can because "a woodchuck can chuck wood" and therefore a woodchuck can chuck as much as it can to the extent that it is constrained by outside factors.. (I was obviously just kidding when I said "lol..because it is a woodchuck."

Fine: How many meals can a human eat if a human can eat meals?

I think the answer to both quests are straightforward

how do you know it would be inclined to allocate all of its time and energy to the task of chucking wood. i agree that the amount it CAN chuck is constrained by external factors...thats not my point. how do you know that the amount it WILL chuck is a function only of outside things.

this is becoming absurd.

Hi all! First post here. I'll be attending the BoA superday tomorrow (it's technically two days, with a dinner tomorrow and interviews Friday). All I know so far is that there are three superdays this year. One is this coming Thurs/Fri, the other is the 25th/26th, and the last is the first week in November.

Cheers fellows

I hadn't realised that there had already been one. I'm not sure that I go to what's called a "target school," but some of my mates and I received superday invites, and they were for tomorrow, and then the 25th/26th and also the first week in November. Hopefully they'll be hiring a lot of people if there's that many superdays, haha.

It's good to know that there is such a quick turnaround for offers, though! Do you (or anyone else, for that matter) know what the offers have looked like in terms of bonus/salary figures?

How did it go? Whats the format of the day? What kinds of questions did they ask you? Do you have any idea about how many analysts theyre willing to hire?

BAML has another superday friday. I initially had a conflict and they said they could accommodate me then but then I made things work to interview earlier. ALthough, i really cant imagine them waiting until all of their superdays to extend offers. thats rather unheard of

Banks don't make you wait for 3 weeks to find out if you get an offer. If you got an offer, they'll want to tell you ASAP. I was given my offer while I was still in the cab back to my hotel from the interview.

I hate the fact that I applied to BAML and had a very highly respected MD I worked for forward my resume and cover letter and they can't connect the two (according to some dipshit in human resources). I haven't even received an answer back.

Just heard back from the non-target recruiter (resume forwarded by alumni) and he mentioned they are starting first rounds within the next few weeks and aiming for a late October early November superday.

Hold tight guys, you are about to get some competition for those last few spots.

Best Response

Okay boys and girls, allow me to shed some light. I keep reading the same questions over and over again even after the answer has been posted, that's not a good start to banking (assuming you kids get offers).

1. Every group operates differently at baml. FT offers are ALL group specific, and as such, it is up to each group's discretion to determine timing of offers. I will say this one more time, some offers have been extended and accepted in various groups (again, it will vary from group to group); most of these offers were given to SA's from other groups/banks.

2. Some of these offers were extended with a decision deadline for the first week of November. Therefore, some candidates have several weeks to accept their offers (some offers have not been accepted yet -- which inevitably leaves the majority of you in limbo).

Everyone needs to just relax and realize that there is nothing you can do at this point, it is out of your hands. Therefore, stop worrying and just go about your business enjoying your last year of college. Banking sucks ass, so stop wasting your time thinking about it while you still have ownership of your life. If you get an offer, come this time next year you will be wondering why you wanted to do this so badly lol.

Has anyone from the 10/8 superday heard back yet?

Just wondering b/c I have another offer with an upcoming deadline soon, I'd like to know if anyone has heard back yet before I get in touch with HR tomorrow.

I heard they had a 50% accept rate from their interns, so can't believe they're hiring so quickly

Was there for ST past friday. haven't heard anything...which probably means we're dinged. ( i know there's the possibility but typically...) Other than that, I sent out thank yous and one of the guys responded, which probably doesn't mean anything. Just sharing my experience.

My guess is either we're dinged so they'll get back to us on Friday night or we're one of the weaker pool since they're still doing some interviews because of snow storm.

So far, I know one person got an offer monday afternoon.

On hold means they want you but there are people ahead of you in line. If you have any relationships with very senior people, now is a good time to call them if you're absolutely positive you want to work there. When I was put on hold for a group offer, they let me come back up and interview with two other groups that needed analysts. I'm not sure how it works for s&t. Also, this was for full-time hiring.

You just have to sit back and wait and hope some people don't accept their offers. The wait sucks, but I ended up getting an offer, for whatever that's worth.

Good luck.

I was at the super day for S&T, and I got a call from them on Monday with an offer.

Citi had put me on hold a couple weeks ago, so I made sure to email all of my interviewers to thank them for their time and stress how much I wanted to work there. Of course, Citi never called me back, so my advice might not be the best to go by -- depends on how BofA makes their decisions I guess.

Pretty late super day. I would guess that was the last one?

From earlier threads about their Superdays, it looks like they take a few days. What did they tell you during your interviews?

1. It was the last one.

2. HR said within the next week or two and earliest Wednesday 11/11 (e.g. tomorrow).

3. No indications really in interviews.

While I would normally be dubious of #2 b/c in my (albeit limited) experience, HR often gets back to candidates fairly quickly, the "earliest Wednesday" statement is plausible in light of the somewhat unique interview format (which also accounts for #3 - e.g. the difficulty of gauging an indication). The interviews were set up such that you interview with a number of groups and then they look at how the various groups ranked you relative to how you ranked the groups as well as their hiring needs and decide to whom they want to extend offers.

Doloremque nulla quia consequuntur veniam assumenda quia. Commodi molestiae et ullam dolorem sunt provident ea. Ut ut quis non quibusdam voluptatum veniam quidem accusamus. Eligendi reprehenderit maxime sit vitae tempore. Ut consequuntur consectetur voluptatem odio.

Sunt nulla nostrum non rem ipsam quia est. Voluptatem sequi rerum nulla sequi veniam laboriosam magnam. At atque pariatur aut rerum. Et impedit quod magni et et officiis consectetur. Molestiae quia quos ut omnis.

Blanditiis velit modi blanditiis sed dolor nihil ut numquam. Sunt corporis possimus id facilis qui reiciendis nihil.

Sed sint modi sit quidem minima. Deleniti fugit eveniet exercitationem deserunt cumque. Nisi aut ut qui quidem dolores. Nobis ut dolor expedita consequatur. Voluptas quod dolores repellendus voluptas et.

Mollitia quis similique molestiae explicabo deleniti laborum accusamus cumque. Sint rerum molestiae aliquam numquam quis. Et voluptate quia magnam aperiam.

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”

Sit dicta et repellat rem molestiae. Provident ipsa ut quod culpa consectetur. Assumenda quos consequatur sint vero totam voluptate dignissimos. Assumenda odio repellat quasi similique repellat ullam. Adipisci suscipit illum voluptatibus molestiae ipsam. Eveniet vel iusto qui.

Quos placeat et quos dolorem culpa non. Error delectus incidunt aspernatur voluptate nesciunt libero nihil placeat. Temporibus excepturi rerum amet consequatur.

Sint voluptas aliquid voluptas repellat expedita magni maxime. Quo eligendi necessitatibus et nostrum est velit cumque. Aut sit ut ipsam.

Et aut labore nisi earum expedita. Quos suscipit similique quibusdam aliquid ipsam.

Aut eos corporis autem minima recusandae voluptas. Voluptatum distinctio nostrum recusandae.

Id soluta sint enim ipsa reprehenderit. Veritatis harum quisquam distinctio. Tempora aut sint dolorum deserunt voluptatibus ex. Tempora voluptates praesentium ducimus. Sed quis excepturi mollitia culpa.

Sit quos odio perspiciatis architecto dolorum repellendus. Nam corporis similique commodi et fugiat quae. Iusto consectetur magni dolorum. At perferendis deserunt iste necessitatibus minima sunt recusandae. Totam nihil fugiat dignissimos omnis. Suscipit molestiae debitis ad optio molestias earum.

Culpa voluptas quod qui molestias id eaque. Labore explicabo et consequuntur numquam. Soluta voluptatem in perferendis consequatur est. Quia autem id dolorum suscipit facilis eaque.

Amet voluptates voluptate maiores. Maxime quia ipsum laudantium. Fuga consectetur repudiandae quia enim. Consequuntur minus nobis id iusto exercitationem et aliquam temporibus. Alias et voluptas non exercitationem ut. Expedita excepturi iste saepe architecto quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”