BofA SA 2021 - 'Application under consideration'

I start by saying that I think that mine question is a quite silly one, but I am quite inexperienced in Investment Banking interviews and I would like to be sure of what to think.

I had applied to BofA Summer Analyst position in London and since the second week of October I keep on receiving every two weeks on Monday an email stating that 'Your application ... is under consideration. We will be in touch with you at our earliest opportunity on the next steps of your application'.
Does it mean anything? On a first sight I thought it could mean that I would get a 1st round [I almost never received such types of messages, except for one time in which I finally had the interview], but as nothing happens, I'm thinking that it is just a default message. Is it? 

Thank you all and sorry if you find the post as silly, but I've never read of such repetitive  messages from BofA in WSO so far.

Sadly those are automated messages that mean nothing. Their SA is probably 99% full since they have been doing ACs since early October. My girlfriend got the offer very early October and they have been handing them out every week since then.

To retain your sanity I would suggest assuming that you were rejected and pursuing other opportunities in the meantime.

It is indeed confusing. Banks don't actually give a damn about candidates, they just want to keep you on the hook in case they need to do another batch of interviews etc.

Ab qui temporibus sit. Voluptas ea quae expedita vero dolorem voluptas asperiores. Voluptate aspernatur ullam impedit sequi. Omnis optio nesciunt corporis voluptas ut temporibus quisquam.

Quia quasi sint possimus corporis at minima dolorem sunt. Cumque officiis cumque esse.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”