BofA SA 2022

The app was posted. This is super accelerated compared to last year when they opened apps on July 1st. Are they rolling? Will they be starting interviews now too?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (1874)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 11, 2021 - 4:56pm

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up too lol just applied. When I had a BofA info session earlier this year, they said they were shooting for late summer/early fall for Hirevues and SD's. Maybe they did switch around their time line this year. I'm gonna reach out to alumni and ask.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 11, 2021 - 11:09pm

I know. Pretty sure when they came on campus early Spring, they said they are aiming late June/ early July for app opening lol

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 12, 2021 - 5:57am

Yeah lol they said they'll wait until the offices open as they want to do in person interviews lol

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 12, 2021 - 11:33am

As funny as it sounds. JPM said the same thing last year. They mentioned there was a chance there super days would be in person in the fall. What a joke.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
May 12, 2021 - 4:07pm

Does BofA do give hirevue to target kids? I thought BofA start with an interview at least at my school

• Prospect in IB - Cov
May 14, 2021 - 3:38am

I can give u my perspective as an incoming IB SA at Bofa. Networked heavily with two offices but only got hirevue from first choice, even though the Hirevue questions were standard for all offices. In my view, you will only be in contention for your top choice

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 14, 2021 - 12:11pm

This is true – networked with a regional and NYC and only got Hirevue and SD from NYC, even though, the other office asked me to submit the app lol

• Intern in PE - Other
May 18, 2021 - 4:28am

lol my contacts at BofA barely know anything. Even they were told apps would open in July, then HR just blindsided everybody and opened them in May. 

May 18, 2021 - 10:04pm

Applied for the sophomore program most of the analysts and associates I followed up with had no clue that they were recruiting so early. No plans for interviews yet according to them. Strange a bunch of diversity kids already got offers

Most Helpful
  • Intern in IB-M&A
May 22, 2021 - 2:19am

I went through the BofA hirevue last year when I went through one of my most extensive networking efforts (spoke to analysts, associates, VP, and a very senior MD). Eventually got the hirevue and prepped all weekend for it but as luck would have it, I fucked it up. There's just something about a hirevue, probably the fact that I am answering to a screen, but I never did well in an hirevue. Predictable enough but I don't get the superday because of my lackluster performance. 

Anyways, I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to the people going through the process this year so I am listing the questions I got. Not saying these will be the same ones you'll get but should be helpful in preparing or giving some sort of an idea. Got about 3 minutes per question and no retries. 

• Tell us about yourself and why BofA
  • Key accomplishment that you had that illustrated your personal initiative and drive to push beyond what is required
  • Tell us about a Major event and how it has impacted markets
  • Tell us about a time you quickly learned a process and were able to effectively achieve the goals
  • Tell us about a time when you were given little information and how did you act about it

All the best and hope y'all do better than I did. Def give a silver banana if you found this helpful.

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 22, 2021 - 2:42pm

Incoming SA at BofA and I think I got most of these questions too. I definitely do remember getting "tell us about yourself and why BofA" - that question really tripped me up because I was expecting it to be two separate questions so the time limit was definitely stressful. 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 23, 2021 - 1:51pm

Diversity non target haven't received anything applied about a week ago 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 23, 2021 - 11:17pm

Bump. Non-target non-diversity and would be sad if I already got cut

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 27, 2021 - 9:52pm

I did, go to a Villanova/Temple level school and networked with a VP, no alumni in NYC office which was the only office I applied and networked at

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 14, 2021 - 5:51pm

Hey any tips on the phone screen? I have one for a regional office as well. Looks like some regionals don't do HVs at all? Or is that after the screen. Thanks

May 25, 2021 - 9:23pm

For all those asking about how BAML accelerates: you need to network with a handful of analysts at regional offices, especially those who run recruiting (if u have a call with any analyst, they will likely connect u with the analysts in charge of recruiting if u ask nicely). They are having the first wave of recruitment rn, but will have another later. I was told by a senior banker that HireVues dont really matter if you network since they cannot sit and review dozens of them. 

Source: I am in the accelerated process at a regional office and did all these things.

May 27, 2021 - 5:09pm

I did the phone screen too and I asked at the end about recruiting and the guy said he wasn't part of recruiting so I am very confused

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 27, 2021 - 9:34pm

I had 5 questions, 3 minute limit for each. Also, they only let you record once unlike other banks. The questions were all behavioral and seemed very disorganized. I swear one of them was asking like 3 different ideas in one sentence - hard to give a concise and good response with questions like that. You just end up spinning some dumb story with all sorts of ideas. I don't remember the exact questions but expect some long question like "tell us why you're interested in the position you applied for and how you've been trying to further your professional development and why you think you're qualified for the position."

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 28, 2021 - 5:04pm

All behavioral for mine. Simple questions like why BoA, walk me through your resume, etc.

Can't remember about resume but def why BoA

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 3:14pm

If I sent in my app on the second day of app opening and still haven't receive a HV, am I dinged? I go to a target and networked a bit

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 4:34pm

I did the HV and all I am going to say is that the questions were worded weirdly and asked like three things per question.  It was hard to try to answer every part of the question while getting the points I wanted to get across.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 4:28pm

Huge deal volume, good job stability, super boring work lol

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 6:49pm

Received Hirevue at 4 pm ET today. Non-target non-diversity and for NYC. Applied day after application opened. Seems like this is likely a wave because it seemed automated.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 9:59pm

Vitae modi velit cum unde et. Atque eum ut mollitia quas asperiores fugit. Explicabo illum voluptatum incidunt dolores blanditiis voluptas qui.

Jun 2, 2021 - 9:46am

Amet vel quis eveniet repudiandae laborum consectetur quis. Quidem nobis sit minus voluptatem et nostrum dolorum. Inventore assumenda id quis qui officia.

Enim ut omnis ad aperiam. Ab veniam qui et perferendis. Rerum possimus eius sed cumque. Nesciunt necessitatibus dolore dolore mollitia repudiandae.

Autem non dicta fugit et iste voluptatem quisquam. Minus quia minima hic totam dolores. Velit voluptatibus et voluptas magni iusto velit.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 2, 2021 - 8:38pm

Quia quam eum quis mollitia consequatur ad. Dicta quo et eaque iure. At nulla voluptate voluptas quam voluptas esse est. Quibusdam eveniet sequi omnis porro odio.

Adipisci ut maiores officia aut. Molestiae temporibus nisi repellendus omnis. Laudantium expedita vel magni consectetur ullam eos. Aut et officiis doloremque impedit sed commodi eligendi dolores.

Animi voluptas non aut ut. Fuga odit dolor corrupti fugiat. Illum dolore et nihil aliquid est. Beatae quia aut quo quam optio magni. Veniam sed quis et ut illo et similique vel.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 2, 2021 - 9:02pm

Ut est et est quidem inventore culpa. Consequatur commodi rerum et rerum sint. Nihil quidem iusto et maiores nulla odio. Aut dolorem in reprehenderit eligendi similique adipisci sit repellendus. Porro nihil amet consequatur laborum asperiores nesciunt. Quibusdam eligendi et totam earum.

Eos assumenda temporibus nobis. Maiores rerum nisi harum repudiandae. Ullam molestiae esse velit placeat quaerat reprehenderit libero animi. Ea non accusamus ex atque aut laborum omnis autem.

Natus eius corporis ducimus consequatur tenetur. Doloribus ipsum suscipit at aut nisi et iusto dolor. Consectetur quasi molestiae labore eum fugit. Cum beatae fuga et consequatur.

Quis natus magnam nisi distinctio eius accusamus mollitia. Ut et iste esse cupiditate excepturi molestias.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 2, 2021 - 9:37pm

Quia ratione non voluptatum aliquid voluptas. Aut ipsa quas libero officia soluta dicta ab. Beatae asperiores aperiam laborum.

Nihil velit aliquam omnis unde maxime corporis earum. Et deserunt ut officiis voluptate. Soluta nostrum mollitia nemo.

Porro aut quo expedita sint ut optio velit. Numquam recusandae voluptatibus dolorum harum. Enim tenetur perferendis expedita omnis sed sit. Quia eos voluptas quia nemo cumque.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 2, 2021 - 10:41pm

Vel accusamus ea rerum reprehenderit dolor et et. Animi aspernatur quasi a. Et neque nobis quos enim iste sed. Quae officiis et sed quasi hic quia.

Quam nam eum facere enim maxime in. Omnis velit eligendi et officiis ducimus voluptatibus natus. Excepturi impedit perspiciatis sed praesentium aut aspernatur. Quis excepturi dolorem rem ea reprehenderit eaque. Neque odit excepturi recusandae soluta et sunt. Culpa aut quibusdam molestiae eum repellendus.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (228) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (137) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (31) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (104) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (501) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (387) $83