Interesting. Thanks for the heads up too lol just applied. When I had a BofA info session earlier this year, they said they were shooting for late summer/early fall for Hirevues and SD's. Maybe they did switch around their time line this year. I'm gonna reach out to alumni and ask.

[Comment removed by mod team]

What does the interview timeline look like for non-diversity?

Does BofA do give hirevue to target kids? I thought BofA start with an interview at least at my school

I can give u my perspective as an incoming IB SA at Bofa. Networked heavily with two offices but only got hirevue from first choice, even though the Hirevue questions were standard for all offices. In my view, you will only be in contention for your top choice

Most Helpful

I went through the BofA hirevue last year when I went through one of my most extensive networking efforts (spoke to analysts, associates, VP, and a very senior MD). Eventually got the hirevue and prepped all weekend for it but as luck would have it, I fucked it up. There's just something about a hirevue, probably the fact that I am answering to a screen, but I never did well in an hirevue. Predictable enough but I don't get the superday because of my lackluster performance. 

Anyways, I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to the people going through the process this year so I am listing the questions I got. Not saying these will be the same ones you'll get but should be helpful in preparing or giving some sort of an idea. Got about 3 minutes per question and no retries. 

• Tell us about yourself and why BofA
  • Key accomplishment that you had that illustrated your personal initiative and drive to push beyond what is required
  • Tell us about a Major event and how it has impacted markets
  • Tell us about a time you quickly learned a process and were able to effectively achieve the goals
  • Tell us about a time when you were given little information and how did you act about it

All the best and hope y'all do better than I did. Def give a silver banana if you found this helpful.

Incoming SA at BofA and I think I got most of these questions too. I definitely do remember getting "tell us about yourself and why BofA" - that question really tripped me up because I was expecting it to be two separate questions so the time limit was definitely stressful. 

Diversity but other non-targets non diversity that got invited to accelerated recruiting received it as well 

Diversity non target haven’t received anything applied about a week ago 

Bump. Non-target non-diversity and would be sad if I already got cut

I did, go to a Villanova/Temple level school and networked with a VP, no alumni in NYC office which was the only office I applied and networked at

Hey any tips on the phone screen? I have one for a regional office as well. Looks like some regionals don’t do HVs at all? Or is that after the screen. Thanks

For all those asking about how BAML accelerates: you need to network with a handful of analysts at regional offices, especially those who run recruiting (if u have a call with any analyst, they will likely connect u with the analysts in charge of recruiting if u ask nicely). They are having the first wave of recruitment rn, but will have another later. I was told by a senior banker that HireVues dont really matter if you network since they cannot sit and review dozens of them. 

Source: I am in the accelerated process at a regional office and did all these things.

What about for NYC? Do you know? How do I get the Hirevue as a non-target? Spoke with 2 analysts so far and will with a MD next week. 

I had 5 questions, 3 minute limit for each. Also, they only let you record once unlike other banks. The questions were all behavioral and seemed very disorganized. I swear one of them was asking like 3 different ideas in one sentence - hard to give a concise and good response with questions like that. You just end up spinning some dumb story with all sorts of ideas. I don’t remember the exact questions but expect some long question like “tell us why you’re interested in the position you applied for and how you’ve been trying to further your professional development and why you think you’re qualified for the position.”

Yeah I thought the wording was a bit strange too but still pretty standard overall

Got a Hirevue for GCM but also applied to IB. Does this mean I'm dinged for IB?

You are only considered for one location/position so unfortunately, yes.

Did you get HV yet? I think Charlotte is a lot pushed back in schedule compared to other regionals as per the posters here.

All behavioral for mine. Simple questions like why BoA, walk me through your resume, etc.

Can't remember about resume but def why BoA

If I sent in my app on the second day of app opening and still haven't receive a HV, am I dinged? I go to a target and networked a bit

To anyone who has done the hv, do you mind telling us what's asked?

I did the HV and all I am going to say is that the questions were worded weirdly and asked like three things per question.  It was hard to try to answer every part of the question while getting the points I wanted to get across.

Huge deal volume, good job stability, super boring work lol

All behavioral but complex multi-dimensional questions.

Received Hirevue at 4 pm ET today. Non-target non-diversity and for NYC. Applied day after application opened. Seems like this is likely a wave because it seemed automated.

Sed placeat neque magnam qui ipsum est nam. Rerum nam sunt natus libero aliquid accusantium aut omnis. Occaecati recusandae debitis fuga eum aut omnis dolorem. Distinctio at omnis quae non nostrum. Soluta dolor quibusdam aliquid explicabo dolores veritatis tempore molestiae. Corrupti eveniet maiores quam est illum nobis qui. Perspiciatis sapiente aspernatur aliquid ut animi laudantium.

Voluptatem officia laudantium rerum consequatur magni. Quam sed veritatis officia blanditiis deserunt. Iusto occaecati totam quo magni qui. Reiciendis fuga rerum dolor. Dolor omnis quaerat ut placeat est quidem quo quia.

Veritatis magnam eligendi rem quaerat. Praesentium vel id culpa quis beatae distinctio officiis. Ipsam aliquam sed veniam molestiae est. Aut eaque architecto quidem dolorem dicta excepturi vero.

Quam saepe voluptas aut voluptas perferendis. Dolorum qui perferendis nesciunt quisquam ullam. Ipsam fugiat aut vel consequatur. Aut possimus id aliquam repellat incidunt dolore.

Ipsum doloribus enim consequatur enim culpa quis impedit. Et ut impedit excepturi consequatur illo quia omnis assumenda. Sunt doloremque autem maiores rerum. Asperiores deleniti deserunt eligendi placeat. Nisi suscipit et quam quae dolores omnis. Odio illo vero sunt.

Eos suscipit repellat eius dolores. Magni minima placeat exercitationem. Sed consequatur quasi dolor maxime aut quia.

Qui voluptatem est nemo eum ut natus eligendi. Maiores quod hic eos quisquam mollitia aut debitis. Quae soluta et expedita blanditiis qui rerum. Sapiente nisi dolorem earum expedita atque alias consequatur.

Quia aperiam voluptatem id odio voluptatem exercitationem veritatis repellendus. Et mollitia voluptatem sed eum suscipit architecto est reprehenderit. Non nesciunt assumenda at. Ad sint ipsum aut hic. Dicta quia nihil enim dignissimos distinctio veritatis consequatur id.

Consequatur recusandae ut itaque provident. Iste quisquam inventore tenetur ipsa a sed.

Eaque iure nihil perferendis soluta saepe in odio nam. Tenetur voluptas nihil dolores nisi delectus quis delectus amet. Excepturi dolores vitae distinctio cum voluptatibus nulla sit. Dolorem voluptates ut et placeat provident tempore non similique. Quidem dolor autem non voluptate deleniti et.

Incidunt aperiam qui eos maiores repellat minima ut. Necessitatibus rerum et veniam ipsa reiciendis aut. Nihil commodi est qui enim recusandae pariatur laboriosam ex. Et temporibus natus facere rerum aut. Laudantium fugiat impedit autem tempora ullam.

Vel ratione inventore aut. Voluptatem blanditiis dolorum temporibus laborum. Ratione odio et ipsum reprehenderit tenetur ad hic. Nihil soluta quam distinctio voluptas.

Tempora enim et in facilis eos. Laboriosam aliquid debitis occaecati odit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”