Bonus Watch 2010

banking321's picture

It's that time of year again so I figured I'd start a thread. I know everyone is making their intra-bank excel sheets so let's see if we can have some accurate data in this thread. We should set something up like this:

Bonus:
Bank:
Analyst/Associate/Year:
Source:
Confirmed: (Y/N)

Haven't heard anything from my bank but if I were to guess, I'd say 60-70 for first years.

Investment Banking Interview Course

• 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
  • Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.

Comments (17)

Jun 17, 2010

bump

Jun 19, 2010

My bank announced that we won't get numbers until mid July and get paid at the end of July

Jun 20, 2010
stevenbn:

My bank announced that we won't get numbers until mid July and get paid at the end of July

same story at mine, I believe this is the case for all the BBs

Jun 20, 2010

are any mm numbers out?

Jun 17, 2010

21 Apr 2010 at 1:00 PM / NEWS
Bonus Watch '10: JPMorgan
By BESS LEVIN

An unhappy junior rainmaker writes:

Analyst bonuses just got delayed until mid-August supposedly so that the firm can ensure we're being paid on par with the rest of the Street and not getting underpaid.
Nice try, but you're going to have to wake up a lot earlier if you want to fool this UJR. He's not buying it.

The real reason they're doing this is likely to put on hold the massive attrition that is/was about to occur as groups are massively understaffed and no one is doing anything about it. They over-fired during the recession and many of our businesses, SLF and DCM in particular, are experiencing unheralded deal flow with very low junior resource leverage. People are getting killed and managers aren't doing anything about it. There was going to be a mass exodus come July which clearly will now have to wait.

http://dealbreaker.com/2010/04/bonus-watch-10-jpmo...

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Jun 17, 2010

Bonus Watch '10: UBS Stalling For Time, Goldman To Tell It What To Do
By BESS LEVIN

A none too pleased junior rainmaker writes:

UBS IBD announcement day delayed for a month till mid july, payout day delayed two weeks to July 31st. Waiting For Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley numbers. JPMorgan is delayed as well. Not sure about the time line.

http://dealbreaker.com/2010/06/bonus-watch-10-ubs-...

Jun 26, 2010

Goldman pays out in December so that articles doesn't even make sense. And MS has always been the last to payout.

Jun 27, 2010

If everyone starts waiting for everyone else, no one is going to get paid!!!

Regards

Jul 6, 2010

Bump

Jul 7, 2010

Jul 7, 2010

Bonus: $50K
Bank: Washington, DC Boutique
Analyst/Associate/Year: 1st Year Analyst

Jul 7, 2010

bump

Jul 8, 2010

is 50k pretty much accepted number now?

Jun 19, 2010

Was that $50K top bucket for your bank

Jul 11, 2010

i know jpm is holding off as are other banks, but as far as i know both lazard and citi have paid out. numbers???

Jul 14, 2010

bump

Jun 26, 2010