Breaking into Healthcare/Life Sciences IB post-MBA from Consulting?
I'll be starting next year at a boutique life sciences strategy consulting firm. My plan is to go for an MBA after around 3 years. My firm doesn't seem to have any issue putting people into M7 programs. However, most people exit their MBAs into other consulting (/Tier 2), industry (big pharma/biotech), or random ass product management jobs. I've only seen a handful exit into banking.
How hard is it to break into (hopefully) Healthcare/Life Sciences IB or post M7 MBA from my background? Also, is PE/VC already out of the question at that point? My undergrad is in chemistry so my business background is entirely on the job training or self teaching.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+91 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- This is an actual question I got and completely f'd up the answer... How would you go about answering this question?
It seems like a lose lose scenario. If you answer it seriously, by explaining your high GPA/relevant experience then its a really boring answer and you might even come...+34 by HairyHilary in JOB
- *I'm sure so many of you are tired of seeing my name around here - but god damn this community is truly amazing.*
1. I graduated from a shitty high-school (Ranked 2/10 on Zillow).
2. I had a 2.6 GPA
3. I smoked weed (perfectly fine, but is just not for me) and was distracted,...+32 by champagnepaki in SCSS
- Just curious what the brilliant minds of WSO have to say about this. Obviously it's a good idea to pay down debt and not spend your money on a sports car, but also given the current interest rate environment - maybe it makes sense to pay down school debt slowly and invest all disposable...+27 by whatsapitchbook in OFF
- Hey everyone...sorry to take so long for part 3 of equity research vs. investment banking. For those who missed the first two parts, see the links below:
[Work/Life Balance: Equity Research Vs. Investment Banking - (A Definitive Guide, Part...+25 by NoEquityResearch in ER
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Hey guys, so I’m a non target who recently got an offer at a (Blair,Lokey,Jefferies) for 2019. I wrestled in high school and have always loved lifting and staying in shape. I’m a little worried about what my banking schedule is gonna be like next year and where I’ll be able to fit lifting...+21 by Joocy-Froot in OFF
- What is JUMP Investors? I looked at their website and it said JUMP is an early and growth stage VC firm. They have apparently invested in Google, Akamai, Didi, and Lyft which is super impressive but I don't know how good they are/their reputation so if someone could let me know that would...+15 by lbojoe in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun19Podcast: Hack the entrepreneur -- John Nastor -- 6/19/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun20Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/20-6/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jun21Dallas WSO Meet Up - Thur June 21st, 730-10pm 3:30 to 6:00 EDT Dallas, TX