Hello all, I am in second year and currently go to a Canadian University with hopes of attending its business school next year. This school offers an accelerated, 2 year undergraduate degree and is currently my best bet to being exposed to IB. The school has an insane Alumni network and is a place that many recruiters go to. However, after doing some research and looking around, I've found that there are some students who will be attending it next year that already have IB experience at relatively small, local firms. The most I can offer is being a bank teller at TD. How can I differentiate myself and make myself look appealing to recruiters? I'm not looking at getting to Wall Street right away, but that is probably the end goal, potentially through a transfer. I know I can get the grades required but at the end of the day nothing beats experience and a part of me feels like it's a little bit too late.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Current situation- it's a long one.
Grew up in upstate NY in the suburbs working in a country club full of big time ballers and bankers. I generally would keep my head down and perform the job at hand without so much as a glance at some of the huge name guys. I had no idea I wanted to...+39 by H.E. Penny Packer in OFF
- In honor of this [disappointment](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ama-cre-broker-at-a-top-tier-firm#new), I thought the community could step up to the plate a bit. I used to be a CRE Broker (office leasing, mostly on the landlord side) at a firm that people will debate about below!
Ask...+22 by CRE in RE
- @WallStreetOasis.com" has been invaluable to me since I decided 5 years ago to make a career change into commercial real estate (from non finance) so its my turn to give back. I hope my story can help some people.
* Extreme non-target school (undergrad and MBA)
*...+20 by luv2speed in RE
- There are a lot of conflicting views on this but every other day I see a post about WeWorks massive debt.
I also saw a post of a girl on LinkedIn that was offered a position, and then it was stripped away from her because they wanted her to sign a contract saying all future start up rights...+19 by isa2130953 in OFF
- Hey guys - this group was very helpful to me 10 years ago when it was 2008 and I graduated and was looking to be an analyst from a non-target school in Texas. I started as an an investment analyst for a REPE fund.
Fast forward - I found my niche in real estate syndication and have now:
1. ...+19 by baylormale in RE
- How did you know that your SO or wife or husband was the one? I don't think soulmates or love at first sight exist because there are so many people in the world we can potentially have a happy relationship with and fall in love with. It's the staying happy part that's hard. I...+15 by studmonkey in OFF
- So a granola bar I hid behind my computer monitor is gone this morning. Does anyone have good stories about office food thieves?
I have a good suspicion of who stole it. They will come by shortly to say hello like most days and hint that the cleaning staff stole something off of their...+15 by WolfofWSO in OFF
- This question is based off an article https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/17/what-wealthy-its-not-necessarily-becoming-millionaire/1744408001/ I saw today that states that only 13% of people with assets greater than $1 M actually feel wealthy. Most of these people lie in the $1M -$5M...+14 by quantgrunt in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Currently at a BB in Ops and been here for 2 years. There’s an internal program to move to IBD for which I’ve made great connections and think I have a high probability (but certainly no guarantee) of making it. Process won’t conclude for another 2 months. Meanwhile I’ve received an...+12 by Burner99 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul24Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/24-7/268:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul26WSO Hong Kong Meetup: Fri July 26th, 7pm, Chao Ciao7:00 EDT Central
- Jul29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online
- Aug02Rewind - Amazon Pitchbook M&A Deal Analysis + Q&A – 12am ET, 8/2(All day) Online