Buy Stocks in 2022?

Have mostly been in cash this past year. Idiotic, I know. While none of us can predict the future, what are some good financial portfolio moves for 2022?

Do we feel like stocks will continue to rise? Have interest rate increases been priced into the markets yet? 

If interest rates are set to rise, maybe allocate more to the financial sector

Also, thinking about putting 5-20% of my portfolio towards various crypto. I feel like ETH is the best, followed by BTC, some SHIB and maybe even DOGE for shits and giggles. There's so many altcoins, may just buy some randoms one while I'm at it. 

Don't know much about bonds, but they don't seem especially attractive. Unless interest rates go up.

Lastly, may invest in a small business as a silent partner or buy my own {modest} place.

Would love to hear everyone else's outlook/strategy, and I hope we all make a killing in 2022! 

First off yeah sitting in cash is a big mistake especially over the last year or so. Was laughed at on this forum for saying I'm all in last year on TQQQ/UPRO/SOXL has worked very well. "Well, you're fucked when the music stops!" When the music stops I'll still have 3x what people who were chicken on the sidelines have done.

I'd just recommend UPRO. If you want, you can hedge with TMF and do the typical 55/45 strat called HFEA.

Your statement about having 3x what others have “when the music stops” worries me a bit (as much as I can be worried about a random person online). I’m guessing that was just an off hand comment and that you understand how the math works in a drawdown. Also, please see other comments about how timing is important in holding these highly levered funds, if you had invested a few months before the 2000 bubble you would still be down 30% in tqqq (I realize that is just cherry picking a time, but making sure you understand this). 

First thing is what are you investing for, and what are your future goals...plan are buying a house in 3-5 years? have kids/family? retirement?

If you're planning on needing the cash within five years, I don't know if stocks or crypto is the best. If you're investing for retirement, best time to start investing was 10 years ago, second best time is right now. If you think today is the highest the market will be over the next 30-40 years, then don't invest. 

Personally, I think $COIN is a pretty strong investment. Given it's TAM, industry growth, revenue growth, net income margin and with a fwd PE of 17.Risks obviously being tech multiples lowering, but this company is essentially printing money and it's in a space that is going to grow tremendously regardless of which coin wins.Another risk being regulation.

Hi! In fact, it seems to me that now everyone has had such problems and this is quite normal. If we take into account what changes are constantly taking place in the financial market. For example, I lost a lot in buying shares because of my inexperience. And I decided that I needed a little help in this matter. Then I turned to Streetbeat because this app can help diversify your investment portfolio and help save time by trading with strategies based on your risk profile. These are not predictions, but an alternative data with the help of machine learning. Also you should consider investing in fractional shares (you can invest in individual shares) and trade without commission.

Signature

Most Helpful

I used to be like you (meaning “sit in cash until the dip”) but you have to rip the bandaid off and invest. I bought some tech indexes near the recent top, but it doesn’t matter.

Next time there’s a big dip, take a look at the last time the SP500 was that low. If you timed the COVID sell off perfectly, it would’ve been the same as buying sometime in 2018. Big tech sell off in 2001? Same situation, equivalent to buying 2-3 years earlier. 1987? Same story. The financial crisis was the only one that dipped down to levels not seen since 4+ years prior. But even then, how would you know to time the financial crisis perfectly?

You have to just rip off the bandaid and start putting everything back in. Now is a decent time if you’re comfortable with growth stocks. The market may never go back to levels seen in 2020-2021. So just get in and never sell. And if you need cash, borrow against your stocks or wait for your next bonus.

Indian stock market is always the best investment option for a NRI. Being an NRI, you should look for selecting the best avenues of investment back home as you can zero in on investing in stocks. After USA and Japan, the Indian stock market has the third largest base globally with more than 20 million investors. To invest in the Indian stock market, the Foreign Exchange Management Act has stipulated several rules for the NRI's.

Qui deleniti eos aut consequatur dolore quasi. Quas sed corporis quisquam magni ea doloremque esse. Sit non harum voluptatem voluptatum itaque et. Ut sit ullam et in velit sit sit. Modi nobis distinctio non aut et nulla. Vel est quasi culpa.

Ullam quis veritatis nemo impedit blanditiis voluptatem quidem. Quia labore iure accusantium quam vero illum iure maiores. Qui reiciendis rerum qui quo velit dignissimos rem delectus. Molestiae est sit et tempora pariatur. Blanditiis suscipit et quasi voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (204) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”