Call from recruiter strategy Goldman Sachs never heard back
Just had superday for firmwide strategy for GS on Wednesday, said they'd get back to us in 1.5 weeks, recruiter called me on Tuesday and when I called back twice she never answered, even sent an email with no reply. Should I just assume it's a no and move on? It's now Thursday a week after the interview. She called someone else around the same time as me to deny him so am I to assume I was getting called to be denied? Why can't they just tell me no!
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+105 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Recently there was a thread on what books one should read to assist in the development of a successful career in finance. I strongly believe in balancing your library with pure "finance books", pleasure reads, and classics, with a strong bias towards the classics. You will learn about...+35 by Elite_Bulge in PE
- Something I've been thinking a lot about recently is if I have (or if I can develop) the mental "it factor" that I see among so many of the top VPs, Principals, and Partners at my firm and others. I'm not talking about internal drive or ability to multiply three digit numbers...+21 by Pro Forma in PE
- I figured that I'd give back/pay it forward in one form or another after being in the industry for a while. Frankly, the most relevant thing I could think of was advice on people searching for new opportunities. My advice is more tailored towards fundamental investing hedge fund recruiting...+19 by floppity in HF
- Long post ahead (will not apologize).
Long time lurker, first-time poster. It seems the flow of threads has decreased these months, but hopefully, many of you will read this / comment (even if just to complain about the length of it). First of, a bit of background.
I...+15 by AsiaHunter in JOB
- So here's my dilemma.
I'm working on finishing my undergrad. Long story short, one thing led to another and I was able to find full time work in commercial banking (including leveraged finance). Since I was working for a regional bank and wanted to move up, I felt that my unfinished...+11 by Armhoo1 in PE
- We've been getting more events going on lately (Paris, Toronto, Charlotte & DC this month, plus NYC, London, LA, Denver, SF and Seattle coming up in August) and we want to keep the momentum going.
We are looking for 1-2 WSO members in major cities across the world to be social...+10 by AndyLouis in Blog
- The WSO Job board is now free for anyone that wants to apply...all anyone has to do is upload a resume and they will be allowed to submit their application. Create Your Oasis Job Profile
Here's a peak inside: +10 by WallStreetOasis.com in JOB
- Join the email list for your city to receive updates on future WSO events in your city. When signing up you will also receive a welcome email with a link to join your city's WhatsApp group. We created these WhatsApp groups with the goal of making it easier for WSO members to organize events...+10 by AndyLouis in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+9 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Mar11Webinar: Biotech/Pharma Consulting Case Study -- 8pm ET, 3/11/198:00 to 9:00 EDT Online
- Mar13Oil & Gas Industry Financial & Valuation Modeling --- Houston, 3/13-3/158:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Mar15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online