Background, I am finishing up my 2nd year full time investment banking. Recently I got a 1st round phone interview with private equity tech fund. At the end of the interview, the MD on the other end of the call gave me a couple of tasks to do:
- Pitch a stock in their field of interest
- Analyze 2 stocks in their current portfolio
- Analyze a stock of my interest.
She told me that I need to do these things and will "have a call next week" to discuss what I have done. She gave me an email to send any "work that I have done".
Couple of questions:
- Since its over the phone, what type of submissions do I need to make? Should I do a banking style pitch book for each topic plus a model?
- If its over the phone, do I have to go along my slides for each topic assuming I do a pitchbook?
The MD is giving me another hour on the phone next week to basically go over 4 pitches. At 15 minutes each, what should the content of my pitches be, and how would I go about presenting this to her?