I am doing a case study on a fictitious private company and have financial statements from a couple of years ago. I am to spread them with actual public companies. My question is this. Should I use current financial filings of the public companies or ones that date back to the fictitious private company?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hey folks. Spent a lot of time as a ghost on these forums back when I was trying to figure out what I was doing - figured I'd give back a little for anyone who's looking at the renewable energy infra/project finance space, with specific emphasis on the buy side.
###...+21 by ob38dn in PE
- My boyfriend broke up with me recently after being together for 9 years - first love and all that shtz. His rationale is that I don't bring a lot to the table except being hot and tall, and better aesthetics and tastes for things in life. He is a soon-to-be MBB FO guy and will be making...+21 by agirlwithnoname in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- If I already signed 2020 SA position, would it be bad to continue recruiting? Wouldn't think about reneging, just curious to see what else I can land. +12 by elontusk in IB
- Is it wise to buy a franchise think subway, Tim Hortons, not McDonald's because of price but a smaller but known chain? I am thinking into the future and want to have an asset that pays me dividends and something I can build and focus on into retirement. Start with one accumulate capital...+12 by JohnGutfreund in IB
- What do you guys think? Not like it's a real holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving or anything.
Am I good to blast or will I look like a douchebag?+11 by famejranc in OFF
- When I mean left wing I don't mean the over the top SJW types or even the pretend left wing democrats (up until Bernie rose to prominence that is)... I'm talking proper, old school left wing. Socialized healthcare, socialized college tuition, socialized trade school tuition, higher...+11 by Leonardo-Cope in OFF
- Ask me anything
Previous: Non-target, state school MACC CPA 1 year of audit at national firm 1.5 years of valuation, financial modeling, and QofE (TAS) Passed Level 1 CFA
Current: F500 CorpDev analyst
Ask me about: transitioning from audit to...+10 by MedTechMonkey in CF
- Moving upstream in PE is notoriously challenging and I would greatly appreciate some advice from the community.
I am currently working in a very small PE boutique with only three investment professionals. I have an MBA from a non-target state school MBA program. No investment banking...+9 by NotTheFeds in PE
- Okay so I grew up pretty wealthy in the midwest. I used to be a person who treated everyone with respect and was not superficial by any means. However, when I got to college(a target ivy), I noticed a change when I started hanging out with students who were quote on quote, "fuck you...+8 by KDISABITCHHHHH in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/10-7/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 7/17, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA
- Jul17WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed July 17th, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto, ON
- Jul18WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 7/18, 630-830pm, Headquarters6:30 to 8:30 EDT Chicago, IL