CFA June 2014

Hey all -

Planning on taking the CFA In June of 2014 or Dec 2013...

I have the 2013 Schweser notes..Will that still be applicable come June 2014, or am I 100% going to need to purchase the 2014 materials?

Also, if I start studying now, how much time should I be putting into it for Dec? Assume that I was a Finance major at a semi-target, but have since forgotten most of the knowledge (not in a directly related seat at the moment)...

Just make sure the CFA doesn't change anything - they will sometime add or subtract a small section but will let everyone know so just read whatever they add or skip whatever they take away. Not sure when they release these changes though

"I am not sure who this 'Anonymous' person is - one thing is for certain, they have been one hell of a prolific writer" - Anonymous

Sorry. Second part. Take a day to figure that out for yourself - dont assume you know anything from undergrad. See how many pages you need to read, see how long the test is away, facto in 1.5 months for practice tests and review and work backwards

"I am not sure who this 'Anonymous' person is - one thing is for certain, they have been one hell of a prolific writer" - Anonymous

Relax buddy, CFA level 1 really isnt that hard if you majored in finance. I essentially watched the Schwezer videos (~60 hours) and then crammed like a retard for 2 weeks while working 40 hour weeks and doing a summer class and I did fine. 1.5 months for practice tests for level 1 is overkill. If you spread out your studying over too much time you wont remember anything. Study intensely for 2 months prior to the exam and you should be fine. A couple weeks off from work before the exam really helps!

"And the last thing, how much do you charge for a career consultation and would you accept a check?"

I came from a similar background and started studying in August only with Schweser and passed Lvl 1 no problem. I'd echo what jaciems said, if you majored in finance it's pretty much a review of college. Even though you think you forgot it once you start reveiwing the materials it will come back.

I think you'd be good with the 2013 material, GL!

Give me a kid whose smart, poor, and hungry...............

Note the Fixed Income syllabus has changed enough for Kaplan to flag it as the one thing that has seen a significant change vs last years material. Although of course I'm sure the core things like duration convexity and pricing will remain, there is likely other detail that you're expected to know with regards organisation of fixed income markets etc. Everything else you should be fine to use last year's material according to Kaplan.

Harum consequuntur quo possimus libero. Ad sed distinctio vitae reiciendis eaque. Ad non ut repellat qui autem. Dolorum tempore hic officiis quo. Repudiandae et laboriosam libero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”