Chances of F100 Corporate Strategy to HBS/GSB

Hi everyone,

I needed some opinions on career path and I have seen great advice given on these forums, so I thought I would reach out. I graduated from a Big Ten School (3.76 GPA May 2017) and joined a F100 company as a Financial Analyst. I may have the opportunity to join the Corporate Strategy team as an analyst now. I was wondering essentially, if I stay at this F100 company in Corporate Strategy for the next 2-3 years, would I stand a chance for HBS/GSB (assuming a GMAT ~740).

Or to increase my chances for those schools should I try to recruit for MBB after 1 year in the corp strat role as an experienced hire? I have not seen many people from my F100 going to top schools but that is also moreso an MBA is not necessarily required/pushed for for advancement. Any thoughts would be great!

Hey neiln413b, sorry about the delay, but are any of these useful:

• fortune 100 corp strategy group or boutique merchant bank for PE? I'm currently debating two offers, one from a corporate strategy group within a F100 company ... 4-5 post-college experience. I've heard some feedback that the F100 corporate strategy group ... after 2-3 years. Or perhaps go to MBA, and figure out a post-MBA PE option. The corporate strategy has ...
  • Fortune 100 Corporate Strategy Group, or boutique consulting/alternative investment I'm currently debating two offers, one from a corporate strategy group within a F100 company ... very helpful- thanks consulting boutique strategy fortune 100 ... years). The corporate strategy has high visibility within the overall organization, and consultants within ...
  • Big 4 Audit or Fortune 100 FP&A for MBA Hi, I'm having trouble deciding on whether I should take a Big 4 Audit role or a F100 ... FP&A role at a fortune 100 or a Big 4 audit role. Post-MBA I'd like to do something but ... interesting like corporate strategy/development. Something that actually adds value to a company. Some ...
  • FDP/FLDP Programs at Fortune 100 Companies Exit Ops I am very excited about my FLDP start this summer with a F100 company. I was wondering if other ... thoughts regarding breaking into Corp Dev or other career paths down the future. Congratulations to all who ... secured offers and best of luck to those still in search! fldp the other road ...
  • Value of Sales/Business/Analytics internship at Fortune 100 bring to bear in full time recruiting a year from now? What divisions of a mega-corporation would be ... Hey everyone, Let's say I have a friend (me) who kind of screwed up the summer analyst ... recruiting timeline, but now has opportunities to pursue at very large companies for the summer. These things ...
  • CEO for a Global Fortune 100 Company when they look at a candidate for the CEO position at a Fortune 100 Company? (3) Most of the CEOs are ... expertise to be at the hot seat? How important is it to have a global exposure? What kind of achievements ... What are the thoughts that come to the mind of the Chairperson, Shareholders and Board of Directors ...
  • Jump to F100 company?- SBs for good answers the one that I currently have. Is it worth making the jump to this F100 firm? Let's assume that ... I was approached by a Fortune 100 recruiter today for an internal finance role. I'm trying to ... the work quality will be the same. ALL ELSE EQUAL, will working in an F100 finance be looked upon more ...
  • More suggestions...

Maybe one of our professional members will share their wisdom: Tommy-Nathan roger_soares001 dorapaddle

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

Hate to break it to you but the chances will be low...

HBS and Stanford GSB fill the vast majority of their class with people from MBB, BB IBD, military, PE, or some other highly impressive and/or unique background

While your credentials sound strong and you certainly will be competitive for some great schools, you'd face an uphill battle getting into one of the above, and will be further disadvantaged if you are a white male

Thanks for the information. That's exactly what I was thinking as well, but when I look at linkedin profiles of mba candidates at harvard, I come across people from industry and not the expected PE, MBB, military, etc. I guess that must be a small subset

Enim qui esse quam eligendi. Tenetur rem ullam ut ex. Id dolor dolorem at. Id velit consectetur voluptatem ratione eligendi non. Est praesentium autem labore eligendi rem. Placeat consequuntur quod quod et sapiente libero dolor. Accusantium deleniti id eos nostrum.

Dolorem sed iure iste. Vel beatae quidem saepe eligendi repellat voluptas sit dolor. Reprehenderit eligendi et ratione corrupti voluptatem occaecati eaque.

Omnis earum dolorum nam esse dolore. Atque laudantium doloribus quae nihil laudantium. Vel non et quasi velit nesciunt. Nemo consectetur omnis laboriosam molestiae illum.

Dolorem aliquid voluptate non necessitatibus placeat. Alias eum dolor nam voluptatibus ut debitis pariatur. Officia quo qui esse. Deserunt et consequatur aliquid.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (551) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”