I have a decision between these two schools - currently undecided. Here are my initial thoughts. I am pursuing IB (but not completely shutting the door on S&T in case I don't pursue after the internship). Location (open-minded) and money (none from either) isn't an issue:
- Brand: Booth appears to have a better one, both in general and especially in finance.
- Network: Tuck's is smaller, but MUCH stronger.
- Ranking: Booth (but it looks pretty close). I noticed that Tuck isn't considered an M7 (but is usually ranked higher than CBS and even Kellogg/Sloan). P&Q's aggregate ranking had Booth % points behind HBS/GSB at #3, Tuck was #5 (larger gap).
- Recruiting: Companies across the entire financial services industry recruit heavily at Booth. Tuck has a strong presence in IB/S&T recruiting, but not sure about anything else (if I end up pursuing IM or something else)
- Recruiting spots: Looks easier at Tuck: 7 students might be fighting for 3 IB spots vs 25 students for 5 spots @ Booth
- Mid-career outlook and beyond: Unclear. If I want to move up the corporate ladder, will one degree open doors that the other might not?
What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!