Chicago SA Recruiting - 2021

I know it is still fairly early, but I am interested to see if anyone knows when Chicago banks are starting their SA recruiting processes this year. I know Baird, Lincoln, and Piper are all kicking off soon, and GS goes July 1. Any insights into other banks? Specifically interested in William Blair, HL, CS, Citi, Greenhill, but interested to hear timelines on any other banks as well.

Also, any thoughts on whether it is too early to start networking with bankers? I have reached out to a bunch with low response rates (I am non-target, and have few alumni in Chi). Some bankers I have spoken with have indicated that now is a great time to start networking (mainly those at Baird, Lincoln, Piper) and others have indicated that it may be a good idea to wait to reach out. Any thoughts?

Comments (6)

Feb 6, 2020

Bump.

• Prospect in HF - Other
Feb 6, 2020

How good is BAML Chicago compared to other banks in the city?

Feb 6, 2020

They mainly do industrials and consumer in Chicago, but most Chicago BB focus on those. Believe they have a fairly sizeable IB team, mainly focus on pitching but also do some execution. Exits probably worse than citi or GS, but not sure how they compare to other BB.

• Prospect in HF - Other
Feb 6, 2020

Would you say their exits are worse than BAML NY in general?

Feb 6, 2020

I would assume so. Most BB exit worse in chicago than NY, but it is very dependent on where you want to end up. They exit well non-NY from Chicago, Chi exits better than NY to chicago, but NY likely somewhat better in exits outside of CHI. If you want to end up NY, best bet is to go there for analyst.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 14, 2020
Comment