Choosing between Internship Offers
Some advice would be great! I've recently been fortunate enough to get 3 internship offers (so far) for Summer 2021, but am struggling to decide on which one is best for my career.
To give a bit of context, I'm a sophomore pursuing a Math+CS and Finance dual degree at a Top CS school (semi-target for finance) hoping to work as a quant out of college.
The offers are:
(Software Engineering Intern) - Boston
- FAANG on the resume
- Typically fairly interesting dev work
- Pay (~ /month with relocation)
- Would teach me loads about building enterprise-scale software
- Poor work culture/long hours (not IB hours so it's not so bad)
- Would need to relocate (though that's not a huge deal given the offer).
- Likely wouldn't have much responsibility/impact on the company
- Purely software dev role
- May be virtual
Rally Health (Backend Engineering Intern) - Chicago
- I really like the team I'd be placed with & the product I'd be working on
- Pay ($30 / hr)
- Great company culture
- Amazon pays more & for similar work
- Purely software dev, no real analytical work
Small Prop Trading Firm (Quant Developer Intern) - Chicago
- Interesting work
- I'd be working to implement strategies/have an active role in developing new models
- Chicago Location
- Small Company atmosphere
- Direct mentorship from traders & managing director
- Substantially lower pay than the other offers ($3K / month)
- Not that well known of a company
I've heard conflicting advice from family members/friends, so I thought I'd ask WSO since I've been a long time lurker of the forum.