CICC vs BB IBD 2017

Hey monkeys, a quick, classic and evolving question about CICC vs BB IBD. I'm from mainland and now a master student at a top 5 US university on the west coast. Received IBD SA offers from Morgan Stanley (generalist), CICC (M&A) and 2 other second-tier BBs. I plan to work in Chinese capital market in the long term and seriously consider to transfer to buyside in 3-5 years. Wonder what's the reputation of CICC against BBs now? Chinese IBs seem to have a strong presence on the league table. Even in M&A market, CICC beats GS and MS in 2016. Any insight in terms of pay, hours, long-term career development, exit options would be highly appreciated.

You have definitely heard that scandal at CICC, an equity analyst. I'll show you some quotes

"This is a vanity fair"; "motivated";

Do you "catch" the "point"?

And I heard that MS is not giving sponsorships, so either you have green card/citizen or MS IS giving sponsorships? I'd appreciate more information.

If you want to go back in China maybe consider CICC. A friend of mine told me that they have good pay and hours. As for long-term career development, absolutely MS...

Persistency is Key

Illum sit velit quia itaque fugiat. Omnis dolor similique et fuga. Eveniet odit quis est dolores et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”