Citadel vs Google offer advice
I got an offer from Citadel FTAP and Google (for Software Developer position)
Citadel's base salary is much higher than google and the live expense in Chicago is much less than Bay Area so Citadel really attracts me. But Citadel seems to have very competitive environment and I'm a little bit worried. My thoughts:
1. Work-life balance will be much better in Google.
2. Software developers are cost-center in hedge funds. After 5 to 10 years, is it possible that my salary is upper bounded if I work in Citadel.
3. I'm not sure how much bonus I can get in the hedge fund. Is it possible to get a big bonus?
4. Is it possible to transit to Quant role after working as a software engineer for several years.
5. Is it possible to go to other companies if I don't fit in the culture? How reputable is their software engineer jobs?
Overall I'm looking for a very challenging and lucrative job that can maximize my profit. Thanks!