City of London best places to eat??

Joining FT this summer, looking for recommendations of places to grab food from.
Duck and Waffle, Maccies? I'm all ears.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (40)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Associate 1 in IB-M&A
Mar 14, 2021 - 6:49pm

Farmer J

Scarpetta

Assenheims

Comptoir Libanais

Honest Burgers

DF Tacos

• Incoming Analyst in IB - Ind
Mar 15, 2021 - 10:49am

Farmer J looks amazing, gives you a break down of macros too which is cool

Mar 15, 2021 - 10:45am

GDK is amazing, their portions are tiny though, always need 2 boxes when I order. Assume you mean the one in Angel?

Mar 15, 2021 - 10:50am

My go-to is usually the original GDK (the one with the sesame bread) - pretty decent portion size for what its worth. Don't go to the one in Angel but I would assume all the locations are more-or-less the same

• VP in IB - Gen
Jul 27, 2021 - 1:32pm

Good choice but don't ever order from the one from Camden Town. Super gross for some reason.

Mar 15, 2021 - 11:56am

yes, better safe and early than sorry.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Mar 16, 2021 - 8:21am

You don't need to book flats 4 months in advance in London. 2-3 weeks before is just fine. It's not like London is lacking housing supply 

Mar 16, 2021 - 8:25am

Would rather sort it early, get a good location and place at a decent price than scavenge for a place last minute and end up paying above market rate for somewhere which doesn't have enough space for somebody to do press-ups in.

The longer you leave it, the likelihood of getting ripped off increases.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 28, 2021 - 5:32am

Just my two cents, if you're not already based in London getting a flat early would have its perks. Yeah you might be paying for a couple extra weeks/ months but those months this summer are gonna be amazing. Pubs, beer gardens, restaurants open, restrictions lifting, good weather, England in the Euros. Just worth considering alongside the financial part of the decision.

In fairness, that probably reflects the whole country not just London, but especially if you're moving to the city for the first time could be worth familiarising yourself during a nice summer period.

Mar 15, 2021 - 5:57pm

£2.25 for a can of coke? At that point you may as well give out free money.

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2021 - 6:51am

In no particular order:

• Le Relais de Venise
  • Nandos
  • Pizza Union
  • Scarpetta
  • Pizza Pilgrims
  • Sushisamba 
  • 1 Lombard Street
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation