the game ending on a pass interference and pretty blatant pick was a little deflating. Happy for Watson and Dabo though.

I feel like Hurts threw the ball away more than he completed passes, but on Bama's last offensive series, he showed he has ice in his veins... He is going to terrorize the SEC for the next two years (not that Bama hasn't already castrated the rest of the SEC)

"The ACC was objectively, demonstrably the best conference "

ACC finished with four teams in the top 25... Big 10 had four in the top ten... Outside of Clemson, the ACC was not fantastic. They performed well in bowl games - largely against weaker competition. Based on ranking within conference (power 5 only), ACC had favorable match-ups in six of eleven games and unfavorable in just two (Russell and Sun), which they were 1-1. The rest of the match-ups were more or less a push.

Below are bowl results for ACC teams with conference ranking based on overall record. In cases where there multiple teams had the same record, I took the average.

Championship: SEC#1 vs. ACC #1 - ACC by 4 (push) Round one of Playoff: Big 10 #1 v ACC #1 - ACC by 31 (push) Orange: Big 10 #4 vs. ACC #2 - ACC by 1 (favorable) Quick Lane: Big10 #9.5 vs. ACC #10 - ACC by 6 (push) Independence: SEC #11 vs. ACC #10 (ave)- ACC by 24 (favorable) Military: American Athletic #3 vs ACC #10 (ave) - ACC by 8 (non power 5) Pinstripe: Big 10 #8 vs ACC #6.5 (ave) - Big10 by 7 (favorable) Russell: Big 12 #2.5 (ave) vs ACC #5 - ACC by 17 (unfavorable) Belk: SEC #8.5 (ave) vs ACC #3 - ACC by 11 (favorable) Sun: Pac12 #3.5 (ave) vs ACC #7.5 (ave) - Pac12 by 2 (unfavorable) Citrus: SEC #5.5 (ave) vs ACC #4.5 (ave)- SEC by 20 (favorable) Taxslayer: SEC #8.5 vs. ACC #5 - ACC by 15 (favorable)

Yeah, and here are the meaningful statistics. The ACC had:

1) the national champion (Clemson); 2) the Heisman Trophy winner (at Louisville); 3) the best bowl record at 9-3, where it was 4-1 against the SEC; 4) The best Power 5 inter-divisional record at 17-9, the only Power 5 conference to post a winning record against the Power 5, including being 10-4 against the SEC.

How you can even pretend that the Big Ten was better in 2016 is laughable. The ACC's best beat the Big Ten's best, Ohio State and Michigan, head-to-head in the bowls.

What more would a conference need to do to be objectively proven to be the top conference in football other than win the national championship, have the Heisman Trophy winner, have the best bowl record, best inter-divisional record, and defeat the Big Ten and SEC's best teams head-to-head in the bowl games?

Array

So, to you, the success of a single team and a single player on a single team are two of the four meaningful statistics supporting a conferences top to bottom success? I already brought up and countered your Third Point, referencing favorable slotting. Not sure why you keep referencing ACC vs SEC data, when I have not mentioned the SEC. I wouldn't place much weight on winning post-season games that are favorable matchups.

Again, ACC finish with five teams in the top 25, and the Big 10 finished with four in the top ten. I never took the position that Big10 was the better conference, but was merely pointing out that it is not as clear cut as you tried to make it sound.

Best Response
Brosef Stalin17:

So, to you, the success of a single team and a single player on a single team are two of the four meaningful statistics supporting a conferences top to bottom success? I already brought up and countered your Third Point, referencing favorable slotting. Not sure why you keep referencing ACC vs SEC data, when I have not mentioned the SEC. I wouldn't place much weight on winning post-season games that are favorable matchups.

Again, ACC finish with five teams in the top 25, and the Big 10 finished with four in the top ten. I never took the position that Big10 was the better conference, but was merely pointing out that it is not as clear cut as you tried to make it sound.

It's absolutely as clear cut as I made it sound. The national champion and the Heisman Trophy winner (different teams) are one of several indicating statistics; they don't stand by themselves. The most telling statistic is the head-to-head match-ups, where the ACC dominated in both the regular season and post season, including defeating the Big Ten and SEC's best head-to-head.

More importantly, what could you actually point to that would indicate that the Big Ten (or any other conference) was better than the ACC in 2016?

Array

Ipsa maxime voluptatem maiores maiores sint. Id velit voluptatem nulla quaerat. Minus aliquam et qui aliquid est et nobis nulla. Voluptatibus dolorem omnis molestias.

Eius distinctio iste amet dolores natus consequatur in. Modi nisi repellendus voluptatem. Ea deserunt necessitatibus possimus. Quis ut quis a ducimus qui autem excepturi sit.

"Give me a fucking beer", Anonymous Genius

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”