CNN = Boobs

Is this really the state of CNN - the American BBC??

A dude comes on, lays out an argument why this ESPN idiot should be fired and the anchor goes nuts because he said boobs?

I mean is this real life? We have Rohingya Muslims being marched out of the country. North Korea is launching missiles, two devastating hurricanes, terrorism in the UK, French union workers marching on Macron, Caribbean islands destroyed, Dow reaching new heights, and this is the shit running on CNN?!

Also, can anyone form a cogent rebuttal to an argument? I mean the guy says boobs and both of these idiots go off the rails.

I am going to go read a book to offset the grey matter decay from even comically watching CNN.

Side note - Everyone, please sign this petition. For those of us who spend way too much time in an airport, having this garbage on TV 24/7 is brutal. Put PBS on or something. Put the BBC on. CNN is the worst.

https://www.change.org/p/fcc-remove-cnn-s-airport…

I love the concept that a woman can't be bad at her job. Like the guy was laying down level headed criticism, right or wrong. The retort was she faced sexism.

And the host who obviously sells sex appeal gets offended when the childish word boobs is mentioned. Not objectifying her or any specific woman, just a dumbass saying he likes boobs.

She has a kid. I suppose she's never said she likes dick. High hipocrisy and comedic "news". And people wonder why many people call CNN fake news. It's barely one step away from the Onion.

The best part of this whole thing is that Brooke Baldwin has women on her show on a regular basis to discuss boobs. The guy didn't even say boobs had anything to do with why she should be canned, He was repeating a line he does all the time on his radio show.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

It's funny, instead of discussing the serious issues going on and making a thread about those you take your time make a thread about this inconsequential bullshit then criticize CNN for covering a nothing story. Our president is now acknowledging some ESPN talking head asking her to be fired rather than brushing it off as just some talking heads' opinion like basically 100% of previous presidents would have. I wonder why Obama wasn't sending out tweets every time some talking head alleged he was a Muslim or some shit. Comedy all around. The guy was a fucking idiot who was clearly trolling on live tv with the entirely unnecessary "boobs" comment, why is this a thread?

Array

How is this any different from the sort of sensationalized and biased agenda pushing that Fox news engages in? They are the original purveyors of a hyper-partisan perspective and their “success” in this realm has paved the way for further partisan devolution.

I agree categorically that journalistic integrity has been replaced with puffery and pandering. But, it’s across the board. If you are going to criticize it, at least be principled and reject it in all forms. The issue here is clearly not with the presence of bias, but only that its appearing in a liberal form. Partisan propaganda veiled as balanced reporting has, and will always be a peril to society, not just when it doesn’t comply with your own personal beliefs.

Except Fox is known partisan news and CNN is supposed to be a) moderate and b) american BBC.

Fox is a joke and no one is arguing that. You go there for clown right wing news. The fact that all the other "news" out there is a joke is what concerns me.

I would agree that there is currently no reliable outlet in the MSM for somebody looking for a moderate/utilitarian perspective. But, until the value of journalism is no longer determined by the Ad dollars it can generate, I won't hold my breathe for any substantial improvement.

When did boobs become vulgar and not childish?

The issue is these clowns fixated on boobs and not his argument why the espn reporter is failing at her job or his advocacy for free speech. Instead of ignoring his childish remarks and making him look like a child by arguing facts, they cry sexism and faux offense over a word kids use.

Especially hypocrital for an anchor who uses sex to sell ratings aka what fox does.

I think, "fixated on boobs," is exactly the reason why intelligent people don't use hyperbole or imagery like that in order to make a point--it takes away from the argument. This guys is a fool and I don't think you have a valid point against the anchor. She should've shut the conversation down and regret her decision to ever bring him on the show.

Actually it is a line he uses on his national radio show every day. The fact that CNN had him on and didn't realize this is even worse than the reaction of the on air host who has women on her show on a regual basis to whom she discusses boobs with. She had to be outraged because "sexism".

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

I have no idea what they're talking about or who's on which side of political spectrum, but why would someone sabotage themselves like that? That's like being in a business meeting and saying "I only believe in two things: making customers happy and ass"

How did this guy sabotage his argument? By saying "boobs" both parties went apoplectic and refuted nothing he said.

It's also comical how he advocates free speech and CNN just cuts his mic because they can't argue his points.

Both parties knew exactly what they were doing. Clay Travis knows if he says something not-pc and CNN crucifies him for it he'll get attention from the anti-pc/trump crowd. Brooke Baldwin knows if she gets huffy and babbles about sexism in response, the Huffington post and Buzzfeed will annoint for taking a heroic stand against "white supremacy and sexism". It's called pandering and building your clout, pretty much every figure in political media has done it.

Do you think Al Sharpton would EVER pass on a chance to call someone/something racist. No because it gets him on TV and makes black people support him.

I think this point gets lost on both sides. Shitty ideas, perspectives, and people will fade much quicker from apathy than antipathy. By keeping it in the news cycle, both sides get rewarded with publicity and the story's life gets extended. Disinterest is a much more powerful weapon against the media than digust.

Like it's going to stop... Tomi Lahren is a major celebrity now just because she pisses off liberals and people like Colbert and Trevor Noah vent their outrage that she has a different opinion on prime-time TV because it gets them ratings from all the angry libs who have seen her FB videos.

Tucker Carlson does the same thing, bringing some racist BLM supporter on his show and acting surprised when they start screaming that white people are dogs. You do it to appeal to your base.

I've seen so many "this person totally schools conservative/liberal on the issue of xxx" on my fb feed and it is so frustrating, just don't watch the news.

there are days where I reflect upon human civilization with such disappointment.
why do we relegate ourselves to such basic, trivial matters such as politics, sexism, and racism, Trump, etc?

humans are not the only species to discriminate, act greedy, assault, and kill.
Ayn Rand once said, "wishing won't make it so."

society would be much better off if we "let it be", and actually put our minds to more useful endeavors.

It truly is sickening. And it would be comedic if it wasn't for Antifa violence, people losing jobs/being black balled, etc.

These people are cancer and their behavior is having a nationally negative effect. Ben Shapiro is a) Jewish, b) anti-Trump (in general) and c) anything but a white supremacist.

I also think it is pretty sad that words like "nazi" and "white supremacist" have lost all meaning. This is horrible since these words have actual, historic significance. Nowadays, if you criticism someone who isn't white for any reason, you are a bigot. If you support normal immigration laws, you are a nazi. Total joke.

Agree 100% @TNA".

Jordan Peterson talks about how everyone is branded a 'Nazi' if they disagree with your point of view, essentially rendering the word useless in real situations that it should be applicable.

The immediate assumption that because you disagree with someone you must hate their skin color, 'gender', etc. is a hateful rhetoric to be brain washing the youth in today in their safe spaces.

Contrary to what the rapper Future says, it is a very sad time to be alive.

'I'm jacked... JACKED TO THE TITS!!'

I disagree, I don't think they spent enough (only ~$600k) on security when the 5 foot nothing jewish man came to give a lecture.

Oh, I also hear that Milo, Coulter, and Bannon will be coming to speak next week. They might need more than 3 helicopters that they had for Ben...

He is being serious, at least I think... He has some movie series called "Hidden Colors", where they try to convince you that Beethoven was black and the Ming dynasty was created by black people... and pretty much everything else...

Ok, I know black people probably invented a lot of stuff they didn't get credit for but come on this is absurd...

Cable news is a fucking toxic waste dump of outrage, hypocrisy, and almost no actual information. I'm looking forward to the day when people finally give it up en masse.

I promise you this news anchor has spent considerable time laughing at Amy Schumer's "standup comedy" as most progs hold her up as some sort of figurehead.

"When you stop striving for perfection, you might as well be dead."

Not even trying to be political at all here, but I actually only saw a few clips of the last Amy Schumer special, and my goodness. It was REALLY raunchy, pretty vile honestly. I was so surprised... I could not believe how nasty some of those jokes were.... and in way too much detail...

Celebrities should enjoy the wealth that we, the people, give them, and shut their fucking mouths. These people are not special and exist because of the largesse of the citizenry. George Clooney and his ilk are nothing more than trained puppets and to listen to them talk as if we pay them for their opinions is enraging.

I'm as conservative and anti-liberal-takeover of society as they come, but only a dunce would defend this utter retard. Who comes on national television and leads with "1st amendment and boobs"? This guy is an obvious clown who had no intention of having a legitimate debate and was only fishing for the shock value response. Such is the sad state of televised "news" in 2017.

The problem is that inserting 'boobs' into his argument inherently derails the discussion regardless of the reaction from the CNN reporters. It's a casual reminder that the female reporter doesn't really matter and can be reduced to objectification in any serious discussion. It's an ethos way of 'winning' the argument by appealing to people's most primal instincts. At that point, it doesn't really matter if this guy had an otherwise valid argument because he clearly was not approaching the debate in good faith.

That's bulkshit. Boobs doesn't represent the anchor. He didn't specify her boobs. And since gender is fluid and men can be women, CNN was being trans insensitive by assuming boobs = women.

And CNN had the option of ignoring his boobs comment, responding on the issues and making him look childish. Instead they engaged in the food fight and looked like bigger babies.

If some disruptive clown comes on your show, has a bout of tourettes and starts spewing irrelevant nonsense, why is it CNN's responsibility to ignore this retard? This is not really party-line issue. If you come on a show and make a mockery of yourself and do not debate in good faith, how is it then my fault when I call you out on your BS? It could be the word boobs or any other nonsense but if you act like a child expect to get treated like one. Again, this is not a party-line issue and CNN was well within their rights; if anything they were being polite to this moron by letting him finish his diatribe before ending the interview. It's not like they cut off his mic the moment after he sidetracked the conversation. Completely appropriate response.

hahaha love how this guy's trying to defend this incident as some defense of free speech.

if some overcompensating queer came on your show and starts saying random shit like boobs for no reason, that's just fucking weird. i'm not even liberal, but this guy's cringey as fuck and so is OP. shutting down the mic of this degenerate was the literal least CNN could do. did society a massive favor.

P.S. stop playing this game of trying to win this "moral high ground." right now, both sides just are just playing a game of triggering each other. no side is better than the other for doing it. trust me, you'll look just as retarded as every other free-the-boob feminist. the irony is that losers like TNA love to criticize "MSM" but in reality, they live off the hype just the same.

CNN is dumb for having Travis on..because if they listened to Clay's podcast 1 time they would know this is his act he is a hot take troll. This is on CNN. The fact that the host didn't have her staff do any research shows that they are in it for the controversy. Do better CNN.

Secondly arguing with TNA about these matters is a losing proposition.

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

as soon as someone tells me they get their news from fox or cnn i cant take them serious anymore. Your telling me you enjoy watching CNN's Trump-Russian Hysteria and anonymous sources, or how about Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, the saints of the American Redneck. Lets not forget that the Obama Tan suit, was an absolute statement he is pro-ISIS!

Est ut quidem maiores deserunt. Voluptas voluptas voluptatem quia consequatur temporibus accusantium.

Ut ratione omnis nam cumque quo debitis. Dignissimos voluptates voluptatibus provident vel sit.

Omnis accusantium dolore deleniti repellendus dolore quia qui. Voluptatum accusantium dolores odit vel in placeat. Dolorem cum quod alias ut modi quibusdam libero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”