Hi everyone, i have admitted to the 4 msf programs listed above and to one Master program. But i am a little bit struggling with them. I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight for any of these program. I really appreciate your help and time.First, I will talk about my background briefly. I am an international student major in Biotechnology, minor in Finance. My long term goal is to step in private equity fund area, and short term goal is to become an equity research analyst, focus in biomedical industry. I want to land a job in U.S and stay in U.S as long as possible since I am gay and sadly, my home country doesn't root for gay marriage. Currently, I prefer to go to Columbia, JHU or UCSD because If I could not find a full time job here, I have to return to my home country and these schools enjoy good reputation in my hometown. Columbia has the highest comprehensive ranking. Its location is perfect. The Master of Applied Analytic(MSAA) program is STEM designed. But it's a new program. It is under school of professional study instead of Columbia Business School and I wonder whether this diploma can help me find a job in financial area. JHU has a good brand but the program is not STEM designed and its location is not bad. USCD MSF program is a combination of big data and finance. The program is new and its location is not ideal. I know all the program mostly international but I just want to make the most reasonable choice.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you can, read the whole story. Anyone out there that's gone through tough shit, heads up and never give up!
My living situation as a child
I was born in a third world country (middle east), very (and I cannot stress this enough) shitty living conditions. Dirt roads, little food,...+241 by BigTuna5 in IB
- Did anyone see this story that just came out? Stud first-year out of NYU charged with insider trading. The idiot bought calls on EFI right before their acquisition by Siris Capital. What a fucking moron, only made $100K as well.+96 by SeekingTheta in IB
- Sans Trump and his legionaries, feels like most are ready for a slight contraction right before things consolidate. Markets are up despite the inverted yield curve, but things are almost certainly likely to get worse before they get better, right?
Trump goon Moore could barely even deny...+85 by iBankedUp in OFF
- I saw this post on Glassdoor and can confirm this is 100% true. Do not be blinded by the positive reviews as Justine (the MD) forces her employees to write them.
-Terrible culture with toxic work envirnoment
-Employees are “highly encouraged” (i.e. forced) to leave artificially positive...+39 by john.smith_3 in IB
He was on suicide watch for months. That means they would have constant eyes on him. They would make sure his cell is pretty much bare of anything he could use to self harm. How the fuck...+38 by 2733278823 in OFF
- **UPDATE: APPLICATION FORM IS OPEN NOW!!!!...and closing soon (phone invites starting to go out this week)**
Fellow WSO Primates, I've been thinking of how we've been putting out a ton more AMAs + podcasts, etc lately and I want to double down on that since it seems like it's...+34 by WallStreetOasis.com in OFF
- I saw this on twitter and I thought damn that's a good question.
Someone else said "That time has far more value than money."
I answered "still waters run deep"
Someone's calm or quiet nature does not reflect their level of depth, likability, or...+34 by isa2130953 in OFF
- [The great porn experiment | Gary Wilson | TEDxGlasgow](https://youtu.be/wSF82AwSDiU)
What do you think about the growing online movements like noFap and the fact that by the time a kid is 12 he's seen more naked women than men would see...+24 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- Hello fellow monkeys,
This probably sounds like a joke, but I'm 2 months into the job and I'm burning a hole in my wallet going out to buy lunch everyday. I want to try and bring lunch from home a few days a week. What do you guys do for lunch if you bring it from home?+23 by markiv199 in IB
- What I heard was Nate Paul's company World Class Capital in Austin is getting raided currently. Anyone know anything?+21 by lux21 in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug17WSO DC Meet Up: Sat 8/17 1pm, Vapianos1:00 EDT Washington, DC
- Aug21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/21-8/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 8/21, 7pm, The Bungalow (Santa Monica)7:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed August 21st, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto
- Aug27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Boston, 8/27-8/298:00 to 5:00 EDT Online