Commodity Trading as a career path in Europe (London) - good place to be?
my question is related to investment banks, but feel free to give your insight about physical shops too. What is your opinion regarding:
1) developments in the industry in the next 5-10 years (career progression, position of comms desk in the broader markets structure of the bank etc.)
2) exit opportunities (attractiveness, number of spots, compensation)
3) bonus as a junior trader (leadingand physical shops)
4) earnings potential in mid- to long- time span (MD at BB, senior trader at Vitol/Glencore/Trafigura/BP etc.)
5) AI, automation - any impact on commodity?