Competitive for H/S/W?
Wanted to see what insight people may have into my competitiveness for Harvard, Stanford or Wharton (especially interested in Harvard). I am trying to decide if I want to put the effort into applying for b-school over next year's cycle or if I should focus all my energy on networking for my next job.
- Finishing up my first year as an Associate at PE fund (current fund is $1-$2bn); role is 2 years and out
- Did banking for 3 years with very high reviews. MM bank with decent brand name
- Other work experience before banking, was at firm with recognizable brand name
- Undergrad: 3.9+ GPA, STEM major, T100 school but not a target. Okay extracurriculars and awards
- post-college extracurriculars: kind of suck to be honest. Getting more involved in the past year but basically nothing while in banking. Definitely average at best
- GMAT: haven't taken (COVID disrupted this) but have been studying HARD. Should have no trouble getting a 780-800 with 1 or 2 tries based upon my practice exams and general testing aptitude.
- Goals: obviously going to firm this up but I think I want to move into operational management / leadership. Pretty over the finance world, want to work with tangible shit.
- References: should be good. No Senators or anything but I've been really well-liked at every stop.