DB (Deutsche Bank) Demystifying Investment Banking 2011

Has anyone heard back from DB Demystifying Investment Banking 2011?
It's a 3 day networking weekend. I know there's one for MBA Students, but I'm inquiring about the Undergraduate Sophomore one, in particular?

Their deadline was barely two weeks ago, responses won't come out until closer to the program dates. It's like this with all the BB sophomore programs, I don't know why UBS' deadline was so early but responses don't go out until about a month before the program tops.

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

Last year, I remember the deadline was close to the end of April (this year it was April 17, right?) and I didn't hear back till May 10.

I am obviously in no place to judge how competitive the program is, but as I recall there were about 30, maybe fewer participants; 90% with very solid credentials. And to my knowledge at least 4 will be at GS/MS/JPM this summer, and a bunch at Barcap/CS/BAML, and at least 2 at DB. Plus a few others that did get BB offers, but I have no clue where they are going. So definitely the people that you are gonna meet at the program will be among the best (at least in my year, with some exceptions of course) of the overall sophomore class.

Hope this helped.

Best Response

^ I'm guessing I know you in real life then?

I did the program last year and asked HR about the competitiveness of the program. There were 30 participants and DB received just over 300 applications. They published a resume book of everyone in the program, so I know there are people from Penn, Cornell, Duke, Florida, Wellseley, NYU etc.

The program definitely had a minority lean to it. There were a handful of people from HBCs, lots of hispanics, lots of women.

little_monkey is correct about the placements this summer.

Best part of the program was probably when Seth Waugh, CEO of DB Americas, walked into the room in the middle of one our panels. We were pretty shocked that we were worth his time.

Also, DB put me on a special list for recruiting the following January. I didn't have to apply for On-Campus Interview and was automatically granted a first round interview.

Good luck everyone, hope this helps!

I know it's true of UBS in recent years at least, via word of mouth from a friend there were two kids at the Sophomore Symposium who got a mini-superday at the end of the weekend when everyone else was leaving and received SA offers.

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

Ut accusamus tempore delectus suscipit ducimus similique eaque expedita. Sit voluptatem qui aut vero quo sit quibusdam. At assumenda ab numquam officia.

Et dolorum voluptatibus esse consequuntur. Dicta eaque et aliquam voluptatem minus dolor porro.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”