Hadn't seen anything of the sort on WSO, so thought I'd give my 2C/ on the matter. List excludes banks because, well, they're not really that active in the space anymore.
The creme-de-la-creme, the thoroughbreds, the blue-blooded elite...
Mostly majors with powerful trading arms...
- Phibro (formerly of God Tier recognition, may now even possibly be Good Tier)
Solid operators with decent prestige, but lacking much flair (you'll find a lot of the ags firms here)...
- Louis Dreyfus
- Archer Daniels Midland
The also-rans, forced into mid-table obscurity...
- Koch Industries
- IXM (Dreyfus' span-out metals arm; one to watch)
- Any other oil major with a trading operation
Mostly obscure names who may be good in specific areas but lack breadth of expertise...
- Noble Group (how the mighty have fallen)
- ED&F Man
- Hin Leong Trading (who?)
Your market-making curve shavers with little to no capitalisation / physical presence...
- Etc, etc, etc.
Dead & Dying Tier:
- Mandara (rumour has it is shutting-up shop)
Any I've missed, let me know!