Comments (15)

Oct 9, 2011

Duh, why is this not obvious? If the whole business is hurting, of course it will impact your bonus. Then again, its better than being unemployed.

Oct 9, 2011

Right, but would a strong MM job or a boutique be a better opportunity then?

Oct 9, 2011

What group at ML?

I'd take a top MM/boutique offer over ML.

Oct 9, 2011

what kind of mm/boutique are you talking about and what group of baml is it?

Oct 9, 2011

yeah, i'd take a medium-strong MM over BAML in a heartbeat right now

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Oct 21, 2011

Oct 9, 2011

stick with BAML

don't look back

Oct 10, 2011

With caveat being that I don't know anything specific re: BAML levfin... I would take BAML over a MM like Harris Williams. You're not going to get fired until you make VP (then you are ripe for chopping even in a good market...at any bank). If you're going in as an analyst, that probably isn't even relevant.

Same viewpoint holds re: money. In the grand scheme, analyst pay/bonus is a pittance. They are not going to price themselves out of the recruiting market, especially with the ML portion of the bank continuing to perform well. Moreover, assuming you are still in school, you wont even start for damn near a year when all of these gyrations could be over and done with or at least have a greater degree of certainty.

Oct 10, 2011
Cartwright:

You're not going to get fired until you make VP (then you are ripe for chopping even in a good market...at any bank). If you're going in as an analyst, that probably isn't even relevant.

Didn't BAML fire some Industrials analysts a few weeks ago?

Oct 10, 2011

take ML bro

Oct 10, 2011

Lev Fin is the top group at BAML...

Oct 10, 2011

stopcomplaining.

Oct 10, 2011

ML is doing well from what I understand. It's the mortgage/correspondent lending/commercial side that's hurting right now. I would take BAML especially if it was a strong group like real estate or lev fin. Which group/location do you have an offer for btw?

Oct 10, 2011

Thanks for the opinions. I'm going to take BAML (@wackovia it's Lev Fin)

Oct 10, 2011
Comment