Most Helpful

Is your family worth $100MM+? I hate to say it, but when the wealth gap is that large is does give one an incentive to "jump ship" and divorce rather than work things out. The divorce laws in this country almost enforce a neo-caste system. I used to think "Love is all you need", but after seeing family, friends and co-workers go through nasty divorces, and even common law breakups - you really would be wise to plan ahead, this doesn't just apply to the rich and famous. This headline made a lot of noise, and even though this happened in a different country, there's no reason to think this couldn't happen here (I'm sure something like this has happened in California): 

>Unmarried Ontario couple had no children and no house but man must still pay support, appeal court rules

>In Ontario, being common-law spouses doesn't necessarily mean having lived in the same home, the court found

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-home-or-kids-together-but-coupl…

Don't plan your love life as you would a career. When you find someone who clicks, and you are compatible, run with it until it doesn't work anymore. It's really that simple. If you go into a relationship thinking that you are doing them a favor, or they are in a different 'class' than you - I've got news for you... it's not gonna work. 

By the way - it's not like we are in a super high social class. Most of us are basically paycheck to paycheck on a $100k in a normal city. Let's get the fuck over ourselves please. 

There needs to be more context here. Is she working on the wrong side of the tracks? Is she working at a private school that feeds to elite secondary schools? Is she able to work a job with such a shitty price tag because she’s taken care of? All plays into how you should think about this as the answers to these questions also shed light onto her as a person as well - ie drop her if she just wanted to join a union and work 9 months a year.

Teaching can be a great wife job: it’s essential mother-training. At the end of the day, do you really wanting to be marrying someone whom is working the same stressful hours / lifestyle as you are?

A lot of Analysts in this thread seem to not yet realize that doing banking for the money is going to lead to burnout in your mid-20s. By the time you're 30, you're going to be miserable and envious of your friends who pursued their passions despite the "low price tag".

It's almost as if...some people just...want to be teachers. Amazing. 

This is a joke right? Using the caste system to determine who you can marry is an EXTREMELY antiquated system that almost no one cares about anymore. Apart from people in the most backward of villages, no one gives a flying fuck about what caste you marry and definitely not in major cities like the ones you mentioned.

This actually works in your favor. While you’re at work getting fucked by your MD. She’ll be home getting fucked by the grass cuter who rides an F-150. And he’ll be teaching your boys how to change a tire. Win-Win.

My concern isn't because I have a mindset of "oh no, what would others think of me dating a teacher?". The largest part would be whether or not we are mentally compatible. There are plenty of beautiful women out there, but if we aren't compatible mentally, its not going to work out in the long run.

We went to significantly different types of schools - What WSO would consider a "Top Tier" vs no-name public (not that that means she is dumb or not capable of intelligent conversations). Being on top of the news globally is important for my job and a passion of mine, I love talking about it and hearing others' perspectives. Not exactly something that we would share.

I completely agree with you on teaching being mother-training, and frankly I am very attracted to that aspect.

Bro if this is your idea of trying to soften your language to make it look like you're not a dickhead, it's not working. If you love babbling about fuh-nahnce in your private time, go find some drone banker or lawyer to date and you can see each other every other month during the 1-2 hour overlapping windows you have while your MDs are in the shower.

Nobody here is going to be able to tell you whether you're compatible with the girl you're dating. 

Qui rerum et dolorum quo. Qui architecto perspiciatis laborum.

Et corrupti temporibus eos occaecati vitae magni. In aut enim dolores sed asperiores maxime dignissimos. Et et dolorem quos ut sit. Unde similique autem qui et.

Ut voluptatem debitis in placeat. Et molestiae ipsum sint et quia. Laudantium aut molestias explicabo voluptatem tempore. Voluptas placeat voluptatem ullam ullam occaecati eum. Numquam autem illum aut explicabo laboriosam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”