Deloitte 101 S&O/S&A? Help

Hi there,
I’m new and I’ve got questions.

Background: I went to a great west coast school, studied economics, had a moderate academic performance (good for my major, but not top percentage by any means) and have an outstanding resume (30% school brand, 20% academics decent enough, and 50% networking) - and have two years of financial analytics in real estate and I've progressed quickly.

I’m starting to look in to what’s next and I’m leaning towards consulting. Can someone break down Deloitte s&o for me? Do the Strategy & Analytic positions on their website fall under this category? Or is that a whole different thing/less prestigious?

What about other consulting firms? Anything helps.

Hi late to the game, check out these links:

• Former Deloitte and Booz Allen Ask Me Anything in Deloitte's S&O practice in DC working with Federal clients (mostly in the health care ... be current. Insider Information On Deloitte and Booz Allen Hamilton Here at Wall Street Oasis we are ... @SpeedAKL has a few years with Deloitte and Booz Allen consulting and was willing to let other users pick ...
  • Networking 101 – 8 tips from a “non-target” school student strengths), this list will help you turn your networking into effective job-securing strategies. Your Contacts ... helps you organize thoughts and conversational directors to effectively appeal to your connection. ... leverage those in a variety of situations based off the analysis you do as described in our first tip ...
  • 13 Networking Tips and Tricks This is probably the most important tip on here: I rarely see it and it helped my greatly. Thanks for ... advice with a grain of salt. Let me know what you think! 1. Use e-mail templates. Yes, a personalized ... a person so following up is helpful to differentiate yourself. 9. Don't wait to start. In almost ...
  • Deloitte to Law School Deloitte? What tips and tricks do you have so I can succeed? Are there any other questions I should be ... Will working at Deloitte help me get into law school?-How do I maximize my time as an analyst at ... Hi everyone! I am looking to start working at Deloitte after undegrad and then go on to law ...
  • Advice please! Google v. IBM v. Deloitte? Hi folks, WSO has been a great source of advice throughout my job search- and I finally have ... options that I could really use your help to decide between! I'm a senior at a top 3 university, ... sales, and Deloitte consulting S&O. I'm also interviewing for the Capital One business analyst ...
  • Comparing Deloitte vs KPMG? Advisory Vs Deloitte Consulting Need Help Preparing for Consulting Case Interviews? Land at an elite ... enviornment Which is Better for Advisory- KPMG or Deloitte? Our users highlighted that Deloitte is generally ... Deloitte is generally considered to be the most prestigious. "lou- Investment Banking Analyst" ...
  • Deloitte Consulting Advice Currently in my sophomore year and looking to SA with Deloitte summer of my junior year. Anyone ... have any experience with what Deloitte stresses for their SAs? GPA reqs? Kinds of ... what advice do you have for getting offered a full-time position if not accepted into the SA program? ...
  • Deloitte Enterprise Risk Services (Consultant) to Deloitte Consulting (Consultant) a lot of recruitment into audit and ERS. Thank You! help me consulting deloitte ... Hello, I have accepted a job at Deloitte 's ERS practice and my position will be consultant. ... I have been told that Deloitte ERS works with Deloitte Consulting on many engagements. Can anyone shed ...
  • More suggestions...

Maybe one of our professional members will share their wisdom: pzb eebujuj blade_runner

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

CharizardFan is right. Customer & Marketing is where you would see most of the classic "pure strategy" projects. S&A and C&M are both great silos though.

Et rerum omnis a amet officiis eos. Ea ullam dolore non laudantium. Possimus pariatur itaque doloribus deserunt itaque. Id odio qui fuga dolores ratione dolorem commodi. Fugiat ut voluptatem non magnam in soluta quos. Voluptate quo qui ullam est reiciendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (551) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”