Deloitte Emerging Markets practice - who knows more about it?
Hi Everyone! I've been on WSO for awhile but this is my first time posting.
I'm applying for jobs with Deloitte Consulting and was aiming to work with the Federal Strategy and Operations (S&O) practice. A Deloitte recruiter told me over email that there weren't any openings, but that my international experience made me a good fit for the Emerging Markets practice.
Does anyone know about how the Emerging Markets practice fits into Deloitte Consulting? I believe it is part of S&O, as Deloitte Emerging Markets' "contact us" landing page links to S&O, but I haven't been able to find much more useful information on WSO or other sites.
If anyone has experience with Deloitte's Emerging Markets practice I have a few questions:
1) Where are you based?
2) What is your travel schedule?
3) What kinds of projects do you work on?
4) How does being on an Emerging Markets team differ from other S&O work?
5) Is there strategy work or is it mostly operations?
6) Is it possible to make a lateral movement into other S&O divisions (I'm genuinely interested in the Emerging Markets practice but just curious)?
7) Is this a growth area within the firm? I've heard Deloitte Consulting has been doing really well and I'm curious how this practice fits within that.