Does anyone have details on some of the large Tiger Cubs (specifically, Viking, Coatue, Maverick) in terms of the experience analysts have on their public equities teams and regarding some of the topics below?
- Any insights into why top performing megafund PE associates often leave places like Apollo/ /etc. to try to join Tiger Cubs? Is it due to pay and lifestyle both being better, or more due to desire to focus on investing and less process-related work?
- How does progression to Senior Analyst and PM compare to multimanager funds like and Millennium?
- How often do analysts actually receive the large bonuses that we often associate with high-performing hedge funds?
- Is culture usually as "sharp-elbowed" at Tiger Cubs compared to some megafund PE firms (asking given where many of the analysts are coming from)?
- How does turnover look at these types of funds? Do people usually leave due to performance issues or due to personal choices?
Any info that you have heard and/or know would be helpful!