Do I stand a chance at LSE MSc Finance? (2023 class)

Hey guys. i just finished undergrad and am looking to join postgrad hoping to get into IB in London. I wasn't really prepared to apply this year, so I'm applying next year. I had already decided to apply to Bocconi and HEC as the two schools are pretty tolerant when it comes to low GPA (3.35 yikes) abysmal experience (none so far). However, today I received my GMAT score, it's 750 (Q50V42). I started preparing for cfa level 1 as well and secured an internship at a decent company as an M&A deal advisor, but that one will start in Jan.

After receiving the GMAT score and internship offer, I got stupidly hopeful and thought maybe LSE could be a choice. But seriously my GPA is just screaming at me so abrasively. What do y'all think? 

I would think everything else aside from the GPA would help your case a lot. However, because the LSE is more academic the GPA would probably have more importance placed on it than business schools / you'd need to convince them that you are academically inclined.

Array

can you elaborate on that?

I'm starting to draft articles for Seeking Alpha and did a really good case study on capital structure optimisation, the unfortunate thing is that my university couldn't care less about publishing or reviewing it (3rd world problems. yikes). Does that by any chance count?

Know the course very well. Would say it's worth a punt if you have an interesting LOI and story. They sit down with all the LOIs and student profiles during the acceptance panel and build out the class from there, so if you bring something unique to the class then you might be in with a chance (still a stretch).

If you provide more specific info via DM (i.e. your nationality and where you went to undergrad) happy to elaborate further.

Eaque vel et dolor eum voluptas omnis. Maxime animi autem nihil modi. Velit dolores fugiat distinctio. Aut non quia quas excepturi quas qui sequi. A iusto natus rerum in eos.

Odit repudiandae dolores amet fugit voluptas nihil. Officia eligendi assumenda est dolorem consequatur. In qui voluptates amet. Et quibusdam nesciunt voluptates omnis cum. Excepturi iure dolores excepturi corrupti ut ut.

Asperiores consequatur dolorum similique. Enim aut consectetur qui aut consequatur. Sunt officia omnis voluptatem dolor suscipit sit. Quis distinctio aut et voluptatem perferendis. A maxime non debitis porro. Velit aut aliquam quibusdam ipsum. Fugiat ab minima ea ut enim illo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”