Do I stand a chance at LSE MSc Finance? (2023 class)

Hey guys. i just finished undergrad and am looking to join postgrad hoping to get into IB in London. I wasn't really prepared to apply this year, so I'm applying next year. I had already decided to apply to Bocconi and HEC as the two schools are pretty tolerant when it comes to low GPA (3.35 yikes) abysmal experience (none so far). However, today I received my GMAT score, it's 750 (Q50V42). I started preparing for cfa level 1 as well and secured an internship at a decent company as an M&A deal advisor, but that one will start in Jan.

After receiving the GMAT score and internship offer, I got stupidly hopeful and thought maybe LSE could be a choice. But seriously my GPA is just screaming at me so abrasively. What do y'all think? 

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (17)

Jul 2, 2021 - 6:16am

I would think everything else aside from the GPA would help your case a lot. However, because the LSE is more academic the GPA would probably have more importance placed on it than business schools / you'd need to convince them that you are academically inclined.

Array

Jul 2, 2021 - 3:31pm

can you elaborate on that?

I'm starting to draft articles for Seeking Alpha and did a really good case study on capital structure optimisation, the unfortunate thing is that my university couldn't care less about publishing or reviewing it (3rd world problems. yikes). Does that by any chance count?

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jul 2, 2021 - 6:52am

Know the course very well. Would say it's worth a punt if you have an interesting LOI and story. They sit down with all the LOIs and student profiles during the acceptance panel and build out the class from there, so if you bring something unique to the class then you might be in with a chance (still a stretch).

If you provide more specific info via DM (i.e. your nationality and where you went to undergrad) happy to elaborate further.

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jul 3, 2021 - 2:01pm

Sed et aut sed non quo quos et iste. In quia et omnis perferendis dicta quia et temporibus. Suscipit quo eligendi adipisci non repellat pariatur quae. Quia doloribus minima esse possimus exercitationem alias ex.

Distinctio illum et nulla qui cupiditate quo. Iste molestias nihil impedit dolor. Rerum laudantium autem iure.

Voluptatem voluptas porro officiis quia repellendus expedita omnis fugiat. Voluptatem quia tempora ad corrupti omnis. Praesentium numquam quas eos harum earum ut corrupti. Aut aut repellat ad ut eum. Voluptatibus laudantium at maxime amet temporibus corrupti voluptates. Est distinctio nihil ut dicta perferendis aut.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

November 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (234) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (144) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (512) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (392) $83