Do you guys ever just get the urge to do something crazy, like move to a new state or country (for at least a couple years)? I feel that way all the time for some reason. I constantly think about how cool it'd be to just up and move to places like California, Hawaii, or The Southeast. Or, maybe even better, I think about trying to land a job in a place like Singapore, Hong Kong, or Japan. Am I the only one, or do you guys dream about doing that as well?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+43 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 6 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+32 by bulge4lyf in HF
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+27 by takenotes08 in PE
- Hi guys:
For companies with large pension obligations, is it possible to get rid of them during LBO through some kind of structure, or would that only happen during bankruptcy? Thanks!+27 by chips_ahoy in PE
- Currently, over 72% of Americans are overweight, with 40% being obese. More disturbingly, 19% of children are obese, who will almost certainly stay obese into adulthood. Life expectancy is going down in the United States, and 600,000 people die a year of obesity related causes. The causes of...+25 by Lloyd BIankfein in OFF
- Trying to get a feel of the BB IB associate (post-MBA) hours. I realized my American alumni generally tend to overstate the working hours of around 90-120 (*this is just my observation from >10 alumni I spoke to, and is not representative of everyone). Asia alumni I connected with who are are...+24 by anotherm7 in IB
- Ok, fellas. I'm bored to tears in real estate and am looking for new interesting paths and new challenges. What are some niche real estate products that people rarely think about? Self-storage was the trendy niche that, in my view, is now overbought in a lot of U.S. markets. What are some...+23 by real_Skankhunt42 in RE
- I’m working on a mammoth multi-part Google post and WeWork ties in nicely with the overall theme.
*(To be clear, I have no opinion on WeWork as an investment - and I have zero knowledge of real estate - but I saw [this...+17 by CuriousCharacter in RE
- Does anyone have a cool story of an interviewee with an incredible skill or trick unrelated to finance that got them hired or was at least a talked about around the office?
E.g. Memorising a deck of cards - but less generic. +17 by ebitdagod in IB
- Given the post about best master in EU to land a job in IB, I thought could be interesting to share which master I think could help you get a job in S&T/Quant, based previous research, personal experience and advices of friends in trading/quant positions.
In S&T and Quant the concept...+14 by BrianHunter in BSCH
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr16Podcast: Hustle -- Eric Bahn -- 4/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 4/17, 7pm, The Bungalow in Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA
- Apr18WSO Boston Meet Up: Thur 4/18, 630-830pm6:30 EDT Online
- Apr18WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 4/18, 630-830pm6:30 EDT Online
- Apr18WSO London Meet Up: Thur Apr 18, 19:00, Vintry Pub7:00 EDT London