Does anyone feel mildly ... trans?

Title -- I don't feel very uncomfortable when attempting to elaborate (mostly just due to this societal stigma that is so continually ingrained by discriminatory rhetoric and laws), but was hoping if you guys could maybe share your thoughts

WSO Elite Modeling Package

  • 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (19)

Apr 4, 2021 - 2:32am

Statistically speaking (WSO), I'm assuming you're a biological male. If that's the case, I would step back and start with defining what you think it means to be a woman. If you "feel trans" it means you have some concept of what womanhood is. Carrying a purse and dressing well doesn't make you a woman. Liking small dogs and shoes doesn't make you a woman. Being attracted to men doesn't make you a woman. Personality traits and interests hugely overlap between men and women.

"All of the mean differences [in personality traits] are small to moderate":

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3149680/#B3

I just listened to the Megyn Kelly podcast with Jordan Peterson speaking about the differences between men and women, and what he said really elucidated the topic for me: he said that if you randomly sampled people with "agreeable" personalities, there would be about a 60% chance the person is female and 40% chance the person is male--and agreeableness is one of the largest differences between men and women. Men and women demonstrate huge overlap in personalities.

So, if you can define what it means to be a woman and you are not able to explain your personality traits by recognizing that men and women are more similar than different and you ultimately determine that you are, in fact, a woman, say out loud (literally, in an audible voice) the ultimate meaning of your conclusion--"I am a woman literally trapped inside the body of a man; my 'soul' was placed into the incorrect body." If after hearing yourself say that out loud you still think you're a woman, then maybe you are. Who knows? I'm not going to pretend like humans know all the secrets of the universe.

Array

  • 1
Apr 4, 2021 - 6:21pm

Memberberries

Statistically speaking (WSO), I'm assuming you're a biological male. If that's the case, I would step back and start with defining what you think it means to be a woman. If you "feel trans" it means you have some concept of what womanhood is. Carrying a purse and dressing well doesn't make you a woman. Liking small dogs and shoes doesn't make you a woman. Being attracted to men doesn't make you a woman. Personality traits and interests hugely overlap between men and women.

"All of the mean differences [in personality traits] are small to moderate":

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3149680/#B3

I just listened to the Megyn Kelly podcast with Jordan Peterson speaking about the differences between men and women, and what he said really elucidated the topic for me: he said that if you randomly sampled people with "agreeable" personalities, there would be about a 60% chance the person is female and 40% chance the person is male--and agreeableness is one of the largest differences between men and women. Men and women demonstrate huge overlap in personalities.

So, if you can define what it means to be a woman and you are not able to explain your personality traits by recognizing that men and women are more similar than different and you ultimately determine that you are, in fact, a woman, say out loud (literally, in an audible voice) the ultimate meaning of your conclusion--"I am a woman literally trapped inside the body of a man; my 'soul' was placed into the incorrect body." If after hearing yourself say that out loud you still think you're a woman, then maybe you are. Who knows? I'm not going to pretend like humans know all the secrets of the universe.

C'mon man, why are you taking this guy seriously?  This topic is the sequel to " Does anyone feel mildly gay.   That topic was a troll post and so is this one.  

http://www.series65examtutor.com
Apr 4, 2021 - 6:32pm

Because it's an interesting topic that has come up a number of times on WSO and I'm 100% sure there are people out there with "confusion", now more than ever.

Array

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in Acct - Audit
Apr 4, 2021 - 4:39am

To answer your question on gender identity... I was assigned male at birth (saying ""biological male"" just sounds really vague) and I have had doubts about my gender identity. I think I'm on the male side of the spectrum but do enjoy being in drag occasionally etc.

I would recommend going to a therapist who specializes in trans issues. That helped me out. Talking about this to actual trans or genderqueer people could also be helpful.

Both of these things could lead you to more ways of thinking about this, and/or more resources that would be of help.

Apr 4, 2021 - 2:59pm

The moment my son even THINKS about the possibility of being trans, I will be pumping him with a LETHAL dose of estrogen - bone density be damned. I recommend you do the same to yourself.

I’m a fun guy. Obviously I love the game of basketball. I mean there’s more questions you have to ask me in order for me to tell you about myself. I'm not just gonna give you a whole spill... I mean, I don't even know where you're sitting at
  • Intern in PE - Growth
Apr 4, 2021 - 3:23pm

Yeah bro, but that´s kinda normal for a lot of people. Your hormones can get crazy sometimes, and if you´re into weird shit (like myself), chances are you´re gonna get confused about that gender stuff for a few minutes once a month or so. Buuuut this is of course just a passing thing, so I´d simply ignore it.

  • Intern in PE - Growth
Apr 4, 2021 - 5:21pm

Nah brah, wouldn´t wanna work myself to death for a pedo and a bunch of honest-to-God psychopaths

Apr 4, 2021 - 3:47pm

Like feeling like a woman trapped in a mans body type of trans or just thinking about all the shit you could do it you could be a girl for a day? Nothing is wrong with either, but these are very different things. It might be uncomfortable to elaborate but this is kinda one of those times where it would be helpful.

Dayman?
Apr 4, 2021 - 4:25pm

When I was younger I had thoughts of being gay and I realized that I'm probably bisexual, though never had relationship with a guy so maybe I'm like 80/20 straight/gay? I do get my eyebrows done when I get a haircut. I just really like that sharp, clean look. Having doubts is normal, but I wouldn't go do anything drastic you might regret in the future. I enjoy fashion and what not but I'm not "feminine" though I like things that girls may like. Like memeberberries said, it doesn't mean I'm a women or trans.

There's this great short documentary related to this topic called, Detransition, you can find it on YouTube. It explores the stories of people who thought they were trans and got the sex change but now really regret the decision and warn others to not be as rash as they were. I understand if this may be a little extreme lol and you might not have any intention to do this, but it really is a great documentary and I wanted to recommend it to any of you who might be interested.

Apr 4, 2021 - 6:26pm

MaxEbic

I enjoy fashion and what not but I'm not "feminine" though I like things that girls may like.

Liking fashion is cool but it does not make you feminine.   Most of my views are shared by most women.  It does not make me feminine but it does make me a liberal.  

http://www.series65examtutor.com
Apr 4, 2021 - 8:01pm

Always cc the usual suspects for these threads: CRE, alt-ctrl-left, Ozymandias, financeabc etc.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

April 2021 Investment Banking

  • Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (32) $350
  • Associates (180) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (102) $151
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (25) $146
  • Intern/Summer Associate (95) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (387) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (315) $82