Quarterlife:
Go to your recycle bin and retrieve it. Pls don't tell me you PERMANENTLY deleted it :|

I did man, fucking genius move on my part.

Oh well, was hoping to pull an IP here but I guess I have no choice now. Heh. Thanks anyway guys!

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people Jeremy

LOL,

I just became aware of this book yesterday and I am looking for it too. If anyone has a PDF version that they're willing to share I'd really appreciate it (and I'd throw some SBs your way). Otherwise, I'll probably bite the bullet and buy it on Amazon.

twitter: @CorpFin_Guy

I tried to find the PDF for a while but never could so I ended up just ordering the book. Definitely worth it if you are on the fence about it, excellent book that taught me a ton about oil markets and oil in general.

okay, so I just got the book...

although I haven't gotten to the markets part (just finished the chem chapter)

It seems like way to much information for trading oil...

He mentions that some traders call certain byproducts by names according to their carbon count (propane is c3, etc.) does anyone have any experience trading oil - do you guys really mention propane and other products like butene so much so that you use the nicknames.

I wasn't aware that these products even traded. Care to enlighten a total beginner...

Currently trading at a major oil house. You should read/understand all of that book. Pretty much all of it is essential to trading. And yes we use more technical names (carbon counts for light end products) especially when talking to refineries.

Febreeze:

He mentions that some traders call certain byproducts by names according to their carbon count (propane is c3, etc.) does anyone have any experience trading oil - do you guys really mention propane and other products like butene so much so that you use the nicknames.

I wasn't aware that these products even traded. Care to enlighten a total beginner...

No one really use the exact chemical names but those products definitely trade, depending on what part of the desk you are on. Oil 101 is a pretty good book and all of it's relevant in one way or another to oil phys trading.

Febreeze:

Knowing all that info is just the tip of the iceberg. The more you know the more profitable you can be.

if anyone could send the book in pdf to me i would be really grateful as where i live i can't get english books readily and ordering is taking a week :( need the book urgently

You accidentally perm deleted a valuable pdf?

I would advise you to stay AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from the trading floor. "Umm, sorry, no I just sold 1 million barrels maybe. like probably brent. hmmm, actually not sure of what and I don't remember the guy's phone number. Or I bought. I wanna say I BOUGHT."

Hi, I bought one is a well, of course, each trader should have Oil101. By the way...... .........It is a good fit with my book as well :). You will understand a lot of the term used in Oil101 Best regards The author of "The oil traders words" www.woenzel.com

Stefan van Woenzel

[quote=stefan_statoil]Hi, I bought one is a well, of course, each trader should have Oil101. By the way...... .........It is a good fit with my book as well :). You will understand a lot of the term used in Oil101 Best regards The author of "The oil traders words" www.woenzel.com[/quote]

Your book seems potentially interesting. Can you upload a few sample pages?

[quote=stefan_statoil]Hi, I bought one is a well, of course, each trader should have Oil101. By the way...... .........It is a good fit with my book as well :). You will understand a lot of the term used in Oil101 Best regards The author of "The oil traders words" www.woenzel.com[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what the difference between your book and a dictionary?

In cumque cupiditate architecto excepturi quia aperiam est. Aliquam odio praesentium quo. Amet accusantium iste eum aut enim neque consequatur. Sapiente provident praesentium ullam commodi. Impedit et et sunt voluptate sint dolore accusantium.

Voluptatem minima et ratione perferendis quaerat. Possimus facere maiores id. Repellendus eos quidem necessitatibus dolores.

Natus dolorem consequuntur sint suscipit vitae qui ut. Ut ea aperiam quidem dolorem. Quia vero suscipit rerum neque ut in commodi. At est quo perferendis inventore nobis aspernatur. Ea dolore sint qui quasi perferendis nam perspiciatis delectus. Quis aut quidem nihil sit et dolorum commodi. Libero debitis exercitationem aliquam qui eaque.

Culpa voluptas et non facilis vero. Quia assumenda iure eligendi earum et. Quisquam officia voluptates debitis nemo eum. Incidunt voluptatem quisquam eaque similique inventore quia architecto.

Illo veritatis dignissimos voluptate hic voluptas voluptatem. Rem ad et delectus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”