Election 2012

So, I guess I've been reading too much pro-GOP news or something, because I actually thought the people would make an association between the current state of the economy and the President in power. Evidently not, judging from a new poll: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/pol….

Go to question 4, which shows that Republicans are trusted considerably less than Obama on the economy.

illiniPride:
Congress approval rating: ~10-20% Obama approval rating: ~40-50%

People just don't like anybody in congress right now. Can't really blame them either.

Most polls show disagreement on most issues with Obama, yet his approval is not low. It seems that people like him as a person. It reminds me of a classical historian I once heard speak, who equated the public's obsession with the President (rather than Congress) as equivalent to the admiration for Caesar during the Empire period. Interestingly, Roman Emperors maintained close ties with Senate and paid lip-service to Republican ideals, but actually were populist demagogues who appealed to the masses to keep the Senate in line. He concluded by saying that the Republic quickly turned into monarchy and oligarchy.

I wouldn't trust either party with the economy. They are both incompetent and want nothing more than to expand the scope of government in the way they/their special interests see fit. The only candidate who is talking about real issues and is serious about cutting spending is a "fringe" candidate.

Ron Paul 2012

Best Response

1) People might give Congress as a whole a low approval rating, but they generally give THEIR Congressman a high rating. Lesson? People are morons.

2) Obama has a ~50% approval rating. That sucks. Republicans are fighting amongst themselves now, but once a front runner is picked, the war machine will turn squarely at Obama. Dems who are up for re-election (like 20 D vs. 9R) will break break with Obama on things to save their own ass.

3) IMO, Obama has been able to maintain his numbers because he has a core base group of people who would support him 100% no matter what. Most presidents don't have that and lost chucks of their base over time.

Only time I ever hear Obama speak is when he is blaming someone else. As if he didn't realize that not everyone would agree with him. Dude has one game plan and if that fails he either blames everyone else or continually tries the same thing over and over again.

ANT:
1) People might give Congress as a whole a low approval rating, but they generally give THEIR Congressman a high rating. Lesson? People are morons.

I would say morans in the case of liberals/OWS, and hypocrites (well, morans too) in the case of the GOP, which claims to want to cut spending but doesn't want to give up their own handouts. Gotta put your money where your mouth is.

Vel facere officia maxime nisi aspernatur velit. Et et aut dolores quisquam consectetur cum. Corporis minima molestiae esse ab vel quas illum minus. Molestias omnis nobis eligendi vero. Reiciendis quaerat repellendus perferendis dignissimos laborum eius.

Tempora voluptatem necessitatibus voluptatem eaque autem aliquam dolore facilis. Error necessitatibus non culpa labore possimus. Ipsa qui quam dignissimos quia. Autem minima fugit sunt.

Veritatis eos et assumenda aut est velit. Aut est tempore qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”