WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (352)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 8, 2021 - 11:26pm

i thought the decision for super came out next week? also how did u feel about ur first round, It def wasn't easy

Apr 10, 2021 - 12:06pm

Most kids from Princeton don't want to live in Houston and Stanford probably just doesn't have too many alum at Evercore. These things usually just come down to where the most/ the best people went to school. They're not just going to list the US News top 20 schools and call it a day.

Most Helpful
  • Intern in S&T - FI
Apr 11, 2021 - 12:32am

Surprise, banks have their own core schools! Crazy, right? IB isn't rocket science, anyone can do it. Core schools are often just decided by MD's/Senior MD's/Group Heads/etc. based on:

1. Where they went to school and

2. Which schools they've had a good experience recruiting from

Fit, culture, and region play a big part in some of this stuff and ultimately... why do you care? 

Get a life, kid. Nobody actually gives a shit about this stuff outside of rejects and hardos that put all their self worth on league tables. 

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 11, 2021 - 4:25am

I interned with some of those Florida kids and they were actually pretty intense about finance. Definitely more technically adept than most traditional target kids. Florida has some program there that whips kids into shape for banking and I think the head of one of Evercore's top groups is an alum so they have a pipeline.

• Intern in AM - FI
Apr 10, 2021 - 1:49pm

Anyone have any insight into what the Chicago office is like? I know they started it up pretty recently but don't know much more than that.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 14, 2021 - 10:11pm

I know multiple non-diversity kids at my non-target school who have first rounds for NY M&A this week. Diversity wrapped last week at my school.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 15, 2021 - 12:48pm

i dont think they are giving offers out to a lot of ppl so most folks probably won't hear back, unfortunately- I'm guessing myself included

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2021 - 1:51pm

Hey man, have an upcoming first-round interview – Could you please give me any insights on how your first-rounds were, any type of questions you got asked in technicals? what was the level?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2021 - 11:05am

Target, non-diversity. For target, it would run by the school recruiting team so that it might be different for every school.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2021 - 1:51pm

Hey man, have an upcoming first-round interview – Could you please give me any insights on how your first-rounds were, any type of questions you got asked in technicals? what was the level?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2021 - 1:48pm

Hey man, have an upcoming first-round interview – Could you please give me any insights on how your first-rounds, any type of questions you got asked in technicals? what was the level?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2021 - 1:48pm

Hey man, have an upcoming first-round interview – Could you please give me any insights on how your first-rounds, any type of questions you got asked in technicals? what was the level?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2021 - 1:47pm

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2021 - 1:47pm

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Apr 28, 2021 - 11:44am

Went through diversity process and heard about super the morning after first round, but it's a much smaller process so I assume regular could take longer with more people in  first round

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (205) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (422) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (340) $82