Family is looking for a nanny and is offering a $129,000 salary

Hey monkeys,

The title might make you whisper "What?" under your breath, but the six-figure salary isn't all that is being offered. Other perks include access to a variety of cars (Maserati, Porsche, etc.) and meals made by a Michelin-starred chef (Gordon Ramsey-level chefs). Could you imagine all of that for being a nanny to four home-schooled kids?

However, the qualifications to just apply are a bit...specific.

Despite the appealing benefits, the family makes clear that the job is demanding. In addition to 13-hour workdays, the position also requires international travel as frequently as three times a week. The right person for the job has to look forward to jet-setting — with four kids in tow — among homes in London, Barbados, Atlanta, and Cape Town, South Africa.

To be considered, however, applicants must have a degree in child psychology and 15 years' experience as a nanny, but no children of their own. The discerning family has high expectations for the successful candidate, including certification in self-defense, a clean driving record, and no drugs or binge drinking outside work hours.

Ultimately, impressing the parents is only the first step of the interview process — the kids have to sign off on the nanny as well.

Thoughts on this?
If you had the qualifications, would you apply for the job?

Thanks for reading.

Business Insider Article

Well, some private tutors are making obscene amounts of money (relative to teaching in general) in the wealthier areas of NYC / London / etc. Probably a lot less stressful than following / parenting their kids for 13 hours a day.

London is awesome, Caribbean home I could understand, Cape town is eh but whatever, but seriously Atlanta?? I really question this families real estate choices, and will not be pursuing this opportunity.

My Mexican illegal nanny was a complete sweetheart when I was a kid and my parents paid her $200 a week 10 years ago. fuck all these qualifications.

We're not lawyers. We're investment bankers. We didn't go to Harvard. We Went to Wharton!

fuck no. I will take a pissed off Partner/MD (or two) over four snot filled germ bags any day of the week.

"I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. " -GG

I mean I would not pay my mother to watch my future kids, that's just what moms do.... but then again, if I made enough money I would make sure my mom doesn't work if she doesn't want to. You seem like you have some issues that need to be worked out with your sister, good luck.

Array

Just remember this. If you're a girl and born 10/10 in the looks department, you're already wealthy. Doesn't matter if your parents are lawyers or janitors.

And you can be that if I was hiding a $130k/yr nanny, she better look like a high fashion supermodel.

I had a roommate for a year who was a nanny and did some modeling on the side. Most of her friends were either nannys, models or a combo of the two. She was nice enough, but we were never really that close. Of course the eye candy was nice once in a while, but I couldn't really handle the drama and overall lack of any thoughts.

• I am NOT saying this is all nannys or models, but my roomate and her few friends who were in their mid to late 20s acted more like 17 at times. Just not for me.
twitter: @CorpFin_Guy

I guess all the people getting the idea of a smoking hot sex slave nanny are ignoring the degrees and the FIFTEEN YEARS EXPERIENCE (AT A MINIMUM) this family requires. This nanny would be north of 40 not the smoking hot 20-something part-time model part-time nanny type that accountingbyday roomed with.

Array

Libero id deleniti non veritatis occaecati vel. Excepturi et nobis velit quibusdam nihil. Natus voluptatem sequi iste saepe occaecati quis. Ut blanditiis adipisci vel consequuntur sint. Neque eos nemo officia quia facilis amet. Optio maxime eligendi corporis rerum veritatis qui cumque.

Qui ratione iste cumque nihil eaque architecto. Assumenda ad sapiente rerum atque libero aut quia. Beatae voluptatum consequatur excepturi vel. Aliquam eaque reiciendis praesentium est deleniti.

Quia repudiandae vero vitae nesciunt ut aperiam. Cupiditate expedita fuga dicta dignissimos est sequi.

I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. See my Blog & AMA

Sed sunt quaerat voluptatem eveniet. Qui omnis dolor quia nesciunt architecto repellendus qui. Ut accusantium magnam omnis officiis assumenda laudantium.

Fugit soluta nihil autem natus in. Alias sunt ut aut quia. Officiis voluptatem voluptatem qui modi blanditiis sint. At soluta ipsa ea veritatis sed voluptatem ea ea. Eaque quibusdam nobis aliquid officia voluptatem tempora incidunt itaque.

Sit fugiat quas ex incidunt et. Inventore animi asperiores aut nam. Dignissimos assumenda optio doloremque consequatur harum tempora voluptate.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”