I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder tojob.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking. For those of you looking to make sure your CV...
- **Most Prestigious Cities:** Gods of Prestige: New York, Hong Kong, London Very Prestigious: Chicago, San Francisco, Singapore, Zurich, Frankfurt Prestigious: Charlotte, Houston, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Boston Meh: Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami, Minneapolis, Philadelphia F*ck Your Life:...
- I'm a college sophomore at a target, and currently at about $2 million altogether. I've been involved in the Bitcoin community for a couple years now. I cashed out $1 million into fiat, and I still have $1 million invested in crypto currencies. My initial investment was $25K, from...
- First, it goes without saying that men who actually rape or assault women or use their power to blackmail, threaten, or intimidate women into engaging in sex, are disgusting human beings who should be castrated and locked up. There is no excuse for it: period. At the same time though, an...
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity. For those of you with deal or project experience coming...
- I can't believe I'm finally posting this after a couple years of skimming these forums, but I FINALLY received offers to become an investment banker. Though not the objective of this post, if anybody is curious about my path. Non-target UG (~3.5 GPA, not stellar) -> Audit at Big 4...
- The 2017 Private Equity Industry Report compiled by Wall Street Oasis (WSO) provides insight on total average compensation, professional development, senior management and more. All statistics featured in the reports are based on 4,750+ user submissions from professionals in the...
- More geared towards the guys who are out of college and actually working full time, especially those in their 20s. For the guys in here who don't have a girlfriend/wife, what are you doing with your lives outside of work?
- Happy 2018. Going to start it off a bit heavy here. I think in the last ~5 years things have been getting worse for your typical fund analyst/PM, and I think the trend is only accelerating. When I say getting worse I mean the growth path and (especially) the compensation for your moderately...
- So Trump recently released the first ever Fake News Awards. See below: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/17/president-trump-reveals-winners-his-fake-news-awards.html 1) The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claiming markets would ‘never’ recover from a Trump presidency 2) ...
- I read the thread for the Junior Trader role on WSO, but I was wondering if the internship process was any different. This would be my first markets interview (yay!) and I don't know what to expect....
- Hey everybody, I have a second round interview as a corporate development intern at Jane street on Monday. The recruiter emailed me this: "This call will last between 30 minutes - 1 hour and will...
- hey everyone, just wondering what the right format would be to follow up on an email if I don't get a response from a recruiter? thanks.
- I'm currently at a BB in NYC but have an offer with an HF that starts in the summer. There's nothing in the offer letter / contract that says I have to stay in my current role until then (unlike for...
- I'm interning at Big 4 right and currently trying to just learn as much as possible. I figured out a couple years ago that I knew I wanted to be in the accounting/finance industry. Currently just...
- I have an MBA from a top five b.school and 17 years experience in marketing and brand management. I've been approached to join a consumer focused PE firm as their in-house marketing CMO to advise...
- I saw the thread on street smarts in the business and how that pertains to common sense. I just wanted follow-up with a question related to that topic. To everyone above a first-year, what are you...
- I've been becoming more interested in tech lately. More because of the hours and lifestyle in addition to having the opportunity to work on a product. Finance was my first love though. Which is a...
- After the grind of the analyst years, does life get increasingly better as an Investment Banking Associate?
- From time to time, I get messages from 3rd party recruiters on LinkedIn who say they have an open position at a local real estate company (they don't name the company) that they'd love to talk to me...
- What about thoughts on American vs Euro banks in wealth management post-Mifid? How the bonus structure will be re adjusted since all the private wealth managers commissions based revenue will most...
- I received an offer to work at a bank with locations all throughout SCal but the office that I received wasn't my first pick office (think industrial city) versus the downtown office. However, the...
- Hi all, Looking to enter the industry as an MBA associate with an intention of being a career banker (who knows, of course, but that's my assumption for now). Currently choosing between two offers:...
- MAIN Question is in bold below I have 6 months to land an ER gig. I know what I have to do: -Write a research report -Learn to build DCF models like the back of my hand -> -Send these out like...
- Which job pays the most in the long run, finance, consulting or tech? Tech hours are amazing and if you work in Silicon Valley you can make 150k out of undergrad which is the around the same for IBD...
- Jan 22 2018 - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Jan 24 2018 - 8:00am to Jan 26 2018 - 5:00pm
- Jan 25 2018 - 2:00pm
- Jan 26 2018 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Jan 27 2018 - 6:30pm to 8:00pm