I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get ajob.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
- Curious about the dumbest things you've ever said in an interview that make for a funny story. I had a coffee meet with associate/vp today (family friend). I have f'd up couliflower ears from wrestling/mma. The associate was a wrestler and commented something along the lines of...
- Dear My Little Chimp, Slow down, child. I know you are just starting that BB investment banking job and are looking to move into private equity, or you just started that biz dev role and are studying for the GMAT so you can get into B-school, but first, you have a lot of work to...
- Hey boys, I'm in a bit of a pickle here at work and I need some opinions on how much shit I'm realistically in. For context, I am a top-performing second year analyst at a BB. At my bank we have a dinner policy that allows us to redeem any meal cost under $30. When I first...
- Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while, but I'm currently waiting a few weeks to start my next gig and I'm bored. I figured I'd try to give back a little, especially because I know there are people from London on here, and the amount of info available on London HFs...
- As many of you know, Harvard recently rescinded the acceptances of at least 10 students (I think the number is 12) for obscene memes in a Facebook group chat. Unfortunately, I was one of was those students. My initial response was to blame Harvard, the founders of the offensive group...
- In the spirit of sharing, I figured I would set up one of these to help out those interested in learning more about Commercial Banking. As there is no separate sub forum, it is hard to find up to date/current info. Commercial Baking isn’t super sexy like IB, but it’s a good W/L balance gig...
- I'm a long time lurker but a first time poster. I stumbled on a great technique to find alumni from Non-Target schools on Bloomberg the other day. You can find relevant professionals in investment banking, equity research, private equity, etc. by using the "PEOP" Bloomberg search...
- Hey boys, If you have only ONE HOUR to get absolutely dinkered, what is your go to drink? My go to: 151 with a twist of lime. Always have one of these puppies sleeping in the desk.
- Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I just wanted to take a couple of minutes and write a post for all the monkeys still in school hoping to pursue a career in investment banking and the monkeys who are currently interviewing and on the job hunt. I am currently in my third year as an...
- To my complete surprise, Lonzo Ball was named the NBA Summer League (Las Vegas) MVP last night so I want to hear from my fellow monkeys: Is Lonzo Ball really going to be something special in the NBA? Did he actually deserve to win the MVP, albeit other great performances? Why has he worn...
- Hello everyone, I'm a long-time lurker and rising undergrad Junior who's received an early internship offer for Summer 2018 from Strategy& in NY. The only catch is that the offer expires on...
- Most MDs at PE firms and investment professionals at fundamental hedge funds come from an investment banking and PE junior background having to work their way up. But we all know you're just doing a...
- hey, guys! Would really appreciate your inputs. Background: graduated from top-5 UK uni with Econ degree, did 1 internship in research banking in the UK after that (4 yrs ago), then did consulting...
- As I was driving home the other day I noticed my local FedEx store had signs saying it was closing. Turns out, FedEx is actually closing all retail stores in Canada by August 18. They will still...
- Hi everyone. I go to a decent west coast school and am majoring in engineering. A friend of mine introduced me to the industry and now I have gotten a few ib and am interviews locked up via...
- Folks, hoping to crowdsource an answer to the following question: A few months ago, I made a lateral move during my second year of investment banking to a more reputed IB. The offer I accepted...
- We are looking to add several Resume Reviewers to the WSO Resume Review team. Requirements: At least 1 year of professional experience in finance Previous experience screening resumes Strong...
- For BBs, is it frowned upon to apply to say both NYC and Cali offices in the same division? or is it better to stick with one?
- Hi guys, I am in a weird situation and would love to hear out some opinions. Two months ago, I started working as and IBD analyst at one of the top 3 IB banks in their NYC HQ. However, I managed to...
- From this article by Wall Street Journal, a $2 billion private equity firm lost everything when oil prices fell. EnerVest Ltd., a Houston private-equity firm that focuses on energy investments,...
- Hi everyone, I'm a 2015 graduate of UC Berkeley with a 3.8 GPA with a major in Political Science (International Relations concentration) working on the East Coast. I've been working as a high-tech...
- Title basically says it all, any thoughts about the impact on wealth management compensation of the Department of Labor's fiduciary rule? cheers
- Hey it's Mark again looking like a strangled doll. I was wondering if it's illegal if you would pump and dump. I would split 10k in different types of stocks, cold call people to buy them, then sell...
- Hey guys! It's Mark again hanging up high from the ceiling, I was wondering if you had the chance to inside trade for multimillions of dollars and not get caught would you do it? I have the chance to...
- Posting this from a throwaway because I'm going to give some identifiable information to help narrow my profile. I currently work at BlackRock and have been in Fixed Income PMG for 2 years now. I...
- Jul 25 2017 - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Jul 26 2017 - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Jul 29 2017 (All day) to Jul 30 2017 (All day)
- Aug 1 2017 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Aug 9 2017 (All day) to Aug 10 2017 (All day)