I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- Following up after an info session is great, especially if you actually took some positive information from it.... However, there is a new email circulating Wall Street that may not dethrone the "Barclays Welcome to the Jungle" one from a few years back but.... here is some...
- Hey WSO Community - we're super excited to (finally) announce the launch of the Wall Street Oasis Podcast!!! The Wall Street Oasis podcast offers the same trusted content you love from the site with even deeper access to the most interesting people in the world of finance. Talking with...
- Normally these are $19.99+$3 shipping ($23 all in), but to get these into more hands faster, we're going for a Flash Sale over the next few days - $14.99 + FREE SHIPPING (anywhere in the world) until 11:59PM on April 21st (this Friday!)...limiting this deal to the first 50 members that grab...
- Big Announcement: WSO Private Equity Official Resume Template for Experienced Professionals with Deal Experience is Now Public!: Click here for the free investment banking resume template for college students. For those of you with deal or project experience coming from Investment...
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing enroll in self-study financial modeling...
- We thought (maybe just me) that PE would have none or significantly less of the silly bullshit that banking had. Would love to hear some horror stories of pre-MBA associates being owned by their more senior colleagues. The gorier the better. Ill start it off: Last Saturday all-nighter...
- Has anyone here considered deleting their Facebook account after they graduate? This is not on the basis of concern that recruiters will see anything negative on it. I spend way too much time on Facebook and taking a step back, all it really offers me is the chance to quickly connect with...
- I'm currently looking at apartments in Manhattan, aiming for around $2k or less in rent. I'm seeing a decent number of walkup 1 bedrooms around that pricepoint and many more if I increase my spending limit. However, there are a number of highrises with small studios that are going for...
- I have been out of IB for almost a year, but cannot shake this reoccurring nightmare: people asking me to build models from financials in PDF. It was cute at first, but has quickly grown burdensome as my industry has complex financials (e.g. dozens of line items just for revenue and 30+ year...
- Assuming that the Salesman is well versed in the product and markets, if a Salesman disagrees with a position that a Trader is trying to take, what exactly happens? It must be a tough spot for a...
- I am currently an undergraduate junior at a target school majoring in engineering. I will be interning at a BB risk department summer (non-quant role), where I will be working on things like initial...
- Does Barclays Chicago have any specific focus areas/sectors? I've searched WSO/their website and haven't turned up much in terms of specifics--would they just be generalist M&A then?
- A little background: During '06-'08 I was fortunate enough to live in Southeast Asia as an ex-pat because my dad works in financial services. The firm that gave him the assignment didn't survive a...
- I'm at a HYP. I'm really interested in both sales and investing, but you need some pretty serious math for the Economics track at my school, and I honestly feel like my GPA would be a lot higher if I...
- I think everyone should be aware that, as far as I can tell, WSO removed a post of mine. I for one would like to know why. I posted to the Financial & Valuation Modeling Boot-Camp thread, here: I...
- This may seem kind of random, however I randomly searched "Drakes financial manager" on google just to see his qualifications and how much he/she is paid every year to handle that. Came across this...
- Have a big decision and I'm looking for some extra input here. I've already read the USC vs. ND Mendoza thread and the Ross vs. Mendoza thread, but I recall that neither of those really included...
- I am currently finishing up my PhD in ecology (with statistical work in R, spatial analysis in ArcGIS, several published articles, both as first author and as co-author) at a German university....
- Just wondering what people actually think about exiting IB to pursue a career at a PE or hedge fund? Could someone who did the exit list the main differences between the three career paths in terms...
- Got an email stating background checks but didn't mention drug testing. Has anyone else experienced the process and does Guggenheim Partners Drug Test Incoming Interns?
- With 98.2% of the vote counted, Marine Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron will advance to the second round of the French presidential election on May 7th. As of 23:17 CET, the vote tally stands at: Le Pen:...
- Fellow Monkeys, what do you use for industry research? Free or not. IBIS, firstresearch, bloomberg, CapIQ, freedonia? I've seen a few IBIS reports that were pretty well put together. I've heard a...
- http://imgur.com/a/UtRKY Hello, everyone... Hope you're enjoying your weekend. So based on this image above, I know this may be rather intuitive but for me, I'm not quite understanding this concept...
- Hi all, Hope everyone had a great easter, and spent nice moments with family and friends! To give you some context, I'm an incoming analyst, starting in a few months, with the usual training phase,...