I am an Analyst at a MM boutique. Lately I've been really scattered at work - my brain has not been functioning as quickly as it used to and I am always tired.
This has been apparent since I worked for about 36 hours straight a month ago, and I don't think I have recovered since despite taking a few weekends off and having a slightly lower workload.
Anyone get the same feeling that their brain is just in space? How did you deal with it?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Lol definitely want to hear what some of you have to say about this. I'm sure there are some good stories out there. +67 by Ivan Boesky in OFF
- So I go to a top school, so think Harvard, Yale, or Princeton. And coming in, I almost felt a sort of insecurity, because I thought that I would be up against the grinders whom I knew in high school, and against kids who went to the best boarding schools, which everyone knows prepare kids well....+58 by EarlFromUtah in OFF
- What technological advancements or updated social norms are you not following? I like to think I'm a pretty forward-thinking guy but I still always prefer to pay with a card/cash, over using Apple Pay on my phone.
What are you old-fashioned about?+46 by GingerGuy in OFF
- So we all know that expectations usually don't meet reality:
1. Banking -> PE isn't the multi-million dollar promised land
2. Academia to professorship is a nightmare process with slim chances of tenure
3. Becoming a doctor won't get you a job 'till 30 and...+29 by ThatOtherGuy in OFF
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+23 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Ah, **Bill Gates**.
Growing up, William Henry Gates III was the kid you loved to hate:
With an IQ of 160, a today’s dollars-trust fund worth north of $20mm, AND politically connected parents, he was smarter than you, richer than you, and had a brighter future.
*But hey, you were...+21 by CuriousCharacter in AM
- What are some factors that we should look out for while interviewing, that would either
* automatically ding us
* We should watch out for from the company's side+21 by GingerGuy in JOB
- Since most women in clubs are just looking for one night stand/brief flings and IB girls have superiority/feminist complex. So where do you find those other wife type girls?+18 by jnhadekjs in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Dec03Webinar: IB Summer Recruiting 101 -- 9pm ET, 12/3/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online
- Dec05Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 12/5-12/78:00 to 5:00 EST Online
- Dec10Webinar: PE Case - Paper LBO Best Practices -- 9pm ET, 12/10/189:00 to 10:00 EST Boston, MA
- Dec12Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Washington DC, 12/12-12/148:00 to 5:00 EST Online