Hey all, looking for advice. I recently just finished a finance&accounting rotational development program at a regional/super regional bank and currently work in finance supporting our commercial/corporate banking department. I also just passed level 1 of the CFA. I would love to transition to a credit analyst/corporate banking analyst position and am very open to advice. Would I still be considered for a Commercial/Corporate banking development program at banks?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- A friend of mine has a GPA of 2.1. He basically photoshopped his unofficial transcript with better grades and gave himself a much higher GPA and he eventually received a Summer Internship Offer from a BB and even passed their background check.
How exactly did this happen? Apart from the...+108 by in IB
- I was previously at Barclays (NYC) in investment banking as an analyst and have since transitioned to a middle-market leveraged buyout private equity firm where I've been for several years. I offer detailed resume reviews (have to-date reviewed over 350) and interview coaching for...+29 by WSO Mentor in IB
- I believe this has been done here before, but I'm a recently resigned Strategy& employee creating this AMA. I recently posted the below review on Glassdoor which sums up my thoughts, but happy to take questions.
Great potential, tragically horrible execution
1. If...+26 by LamarExConsultant in CO
- Always good to reflect and share the collective wisdom gained on this site. Really just looking for what people feel like their main takeaways and principles to abide by are, while navigating this jungle. Try and keep it to your top 3 in bullet point format for a user-friendly read. Threads on...+22 by REPE God in RE
- Quick Bio:
I'm in sell-side research and have been for 4+ years now covering the same sector. Prior to research I did a few years in a finance-related role that was moderately applicable to my current role. For the people who care, I went to what would be labeled a "non-target"...+20 by Street Smart in ER
- It has been awhile that tech & start up companies offer more comfortable and lucrative careers to top tier students, and banks have been enforcing protected weekends to secure their talent pool.
Do you think these past few years work/life balance has changed in the industry or have the...+18 by ROK_Marines in IB
- I’m 2 years out of college and have been working in GSE underwriting and now production. I read on here a decent bit about people advising to avoid the GSE groups at banks/lenders if possible. Why is that? My office does pretty much all GSE but other offices in the firm do balance sheet, Mezz,...+17 by ManyLeatherBoundBooks in RE
- What's your opinion of investing in an airline? Margins are pretty damn low, and it seems like everyone who starts one is getting crushed.
Let's take a look at what happened to WOW air last week.
Newsletter from The Water Coolest - Not Up in Here
[quote] Budget airlines have...+16 by isa2130953 in MKT
- Finance is getting more and more competitive making it hard to break into any field, especially when you don't have a target school on your resume.
Now, Ivy League schools like Columbia, Harvard, NYU, etc are offering certifications in finance, and while this may seem like a second...+15 by isa2130953 in RES
Pretty straightforward question. What are the top groups in London IBD in terms of exit opps?
While I realise that, unlike in NY, groups don't matter as much in London, there are still some groups from different banks that are considered top tier, JPM Leveraged & Acquisition...+10 by multi678 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr26WSO SG Meetup: Fri April 26th, 7-9pm, 1864 - The Bar7:00 EDT Singapore
- Apr29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online
- Apr29Excel Visual Basic (VBA) Boot Camp -- San Francisco, 4/29-4/308:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Apr30Podcast: Starting a fintech business from scratch -- Paul Kesserwani -- 4/3012:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May01Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/1-5/38:00 to 5:00 EDT Online