(Fixed) Would you join a Canadian pension funds direct equity team when already at a traditional PE shop
Had an infinite loop in my previous post and couldn't access it anymore.
If the moderator could delete the previous topic and post the comments here that would be awesome (thx)
I have an interview coming up with a large Canadian pension fund for their direct private equity team (standalone + co-investments). The position is not in Canada, but in NY. I am still a bit hesitant whether it is the right career move, as im a currently an associate at a mid-market 1bn PE fund, where i have good career prospects (but pay and performance is mediocre).
The way I see it currently:
- Permanent capital base
- Small international team, globally spread
- Larger equity tickets ($100 to 750m)
- Good access to deal flow
- Ability to do co-investment with top LPs, meaning that you can learn a lot
- Seem to be the new kids on the block in direct PE
- Pay? Do they have carried interest? I doubt it? Maybe another LT incentive scheme?
So albeit it looks like a nice opportunity, however with not having a clear view on compensation it is hard to judge.
I wonder what you guys think? Would you proceed with the opportunity and invest time in interviewing?
Any idea on compensation evolution? Additional pros/cons?
Thanks you very much!