FLDP F500 vs Big 4

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have not heard much recently when it comes to FLDP programs, so I was wondering if someone could be able to give me some insight.
Currently a rising Junior, in a summer internship at a F500, ( low 400s) in the tax department.
While I thought I would enjoy tax, it turns out my impressions were wrong, and would like to transition out of tax.
I am going to be entering my junior year as an accounting major, at a non target in except for big 4 audit or tax in NYC
My questions are as follows,
1. What are ways to get into F500 FLDP internship programs, such as GE, JNJ, P&G etc,
2. Where do these people end up at, either inside or externally.
3. If one hopes to break into consulting later down the road, either through an MBA, or directly, would these rotational place better than big 4 audit or tax?
Currently have a 3.7 GPA, and am active on my University's campus,
Thank you for your time, have a wonderful day.

Most Helpful

Thought you'd enjoy tax, huh? Actually, tax knowledge can be very valuable, but I cant imagine doing it as a career.

To answer your questions: 1. The same way you get into any competitive job - you can apply on campus (if they come) or online, but your best bet is to network. 2. Like all entry level positions, there's a very large range of where they end up. That being said, they generally promote out into further corporate finance positions. Where you go from there is up to you. 3. I dont have direct experience to answer this question. Of the 3 options you give, I'm pretty sure tax is the least helpful in transitioning to consulting (unless you want to do tax consulting). I could see a realistic path to some forms of consulting via Big 4 or FLDPs.

One thing you didnt specify is what type of consulting you want to do. You can literally consult on just about anything. If you have a very firm goal of "consulting" I'd give more thought to what type of consulting you want to do and what type of firm you'd want to end up at. Don't just defer to consulting because it sounds cool. Also, if you say management consulting at m/b/b just realize that will be difficult

twitter: @CorpFin_Guy

Ea voluptatem eaque fuga qui veniam modi. Dolorum unde est quia nulla quis a odio. Aut non est est enim ut unde at. Magni voluptatum ullam voluptas et reiciendis et. Qui qui molestiae eos dolores voluptas beatae.

Aut labore iste non fugit laborum placeat sunt. Omnis eos ut hic optio et blanditiis.

Velit praesentium eum sequi eum et numquam. In ut aut fugit eveniet quibusdam harum facilis rerum. Labore quisquam perspiciatis qui expedita et eaque illum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”