Floyd Mayweather vs. Miguel Cotto: May 5, 2012

Any fight fans in here? I just watched the first episode of Mayweather-Cotto 24/7 and I thought it was pretty legit.

This could be a good fight. Cotto is reinvigorated after that Margarito fight (I was so happy to see him wipe that sneer off Margarito's face), and this is at 154lbs - the weight class Cotto should be fighting in not the 145 he fought Manny at.

This will be a tough fight for Floyd Jr. It was nice to see he and his dad had reconciled somewhat.

And while its not in the limelight I'm pretty excited to see Canelo-Sugar Shane.

Thoughts anyone?

AndyLouis:
if its not mayweather / pacman i'm not interested

when's the next big mma fight?

There is a UFC 145 on Saturday, JOnes v. Evans
The Four E's of investment "The greatest Enemies of the Equity investor are Expenses and Emotions."- Warren Buffet

theparadox:
craigmcdermott:
Mayweather would have beaten any version of Cotto

Not so sure about this. The Cotto before the first Margarito would have given Mayweather nightmares. And wasn't there a rumor going around that back in '08 that Mayweather chose to retire rather accept a guaranteed $8 mil to fight Margarito?

Cotto gets frustrated against fighters he can't hit. Mayweather got $8mm to fight Baldomir and chose that over Margarito. Arum purse rumors are prevalent and rarely accurate. All that said, it was awesome to watch the Jr. Welterweight/Welterweight division when Hatton/Mayweather/Cotto were all undefeated and circling each other. In the grand scheme of things, their legacies will rank:

1) Mayweather

2)Hatton 3)Cotto

Cotto's loss to Pac and what should have been a loss to Clottey are illustrations of what happens when he fights a fighter with any speed. People harp on the Margo and Mosley fights although neither of them is an elite fighter right now.

aempirei:
Mayweather is a pussy. He's been dodging Pacquiao for years. If that fight ever happens Manny will put him in his place.

Most would agree that it's far more cowardly to call a guy who fights for a living a pussy than it is to fight for a living, making millions of dollars in the process.

Beyond that, if you'd been paying any attention to the negotiations, you'd see that it's Manny backing out and changing his story repeatedly. Both of them are immature and robbing the sport of an exciting fight, but to claim that Mayweather is the cause of the fight not happening is delusional. Additionally, after Manny's latest lackluster performance, the boxing world would have Mayweather as a heavy favorite against Manny unless he blows it against Cotto.

Best Response
aempirei:
Mayweather is a pussy. He's been dodging Pacquiao for years. If that fight ever happens Manny will put him in his place.

This is just factually inaccurate.

Manny's strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza:

"Unless you can tell me and convince me otherwise, because I'm thoroughly convinced and believe that Floyd really does want to have this fight. I think he really wants to have this fight. As far as he knows, he's right. He's right. Bob is the one interfering"

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11249.html

"I know that Michael Koncz says that he's having a meeting with Bob to negotiate the Mayweather fight. They're having a meeting on how to make sure that this fight doesn't happen. That's what their meeting is about."

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/article11250.html

Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao are the reasons this fight is not happening. Bob Arum doesn't want it to happen, Manny doesn't have the balls to demand that it happens.

FinanceStudent28:
aempirei:

This is just factually inaccurate.

Manny's strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza:

"Unless you can tell me and convince me otherwise, because I'm thoroughly convinced and believe that Floyd really does want to have this fight. I think he really wants to have this fight. As far as he knows, he's right. He's right. Bob is the one interfering"

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11249.html

"I know that Michael Koncz says that he's having a meeting with Bob to negotiate the Mayweather fight. They're having a meeting on how to make sure that this fight doesn't happen. That's what their meeting is about."

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/article11250.html

Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao are the reasons this fight is not happening. Bob Arum doesn't want it to happen, Manny doesn't have the balls to demand that it happens.

Quoting a news article doesn't make it true.
Submitted by Alex Groberman on Mar 6, 2012

In face of non-stop doubt about how much he really wants to fight his undefeated arch rival, what with his noted flip-flop on purse split and all, Pacquiao offered the biggest olive branch we’ve seen offered up to this point: 70 percent of the pay-per-view (PPV) money from the fight to the winner of the showdown.

According to GMA News, Pacquiao’s business people have extended a very legitimate proposal that, if Mayweather truly wants to fight the Filipino champion, he’ll have a lot of trouble turning down. The details:

Team Pacquiao has reached out to Floyd Mayweather Jr. with an offer of 70 percent of the pay-per-view (PPV) money going to the winner of a possible bout between Manny Pacquiao and the undefeated American fighter, Pacquiao business advisor Rex "Wakee" Salud confirmed to GMA News Online.

The 70-30 split is the latest in the back-and-forth negotiations between the two factions, as money has become the latest stumbling block to getting the fight, boxing fans all over the world wanted to see, off the ground.

So far Mayweather has rejected an offer for a 55-45 split (winner gets the majority portion), and instead has demanded that Pacquiao take a $40 million guaranteed and no PPV intake. It was a sort of ridiculous offer, and Bob Arum proved this much when he offered Mayweather $50 million so long as Pacquiao keeps the PPV dough.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/manny-pacquiao-makes-fl…

Well that makes it look like Mayweather is ducking so ...

My name is Nicky, but you can call me Dre.

Obviously Mayweather would kick my ass but that doesn't change the fact that a majority of people look at him as a punk and a pussy. The last I heard, there were problems over blood testing and whatnot. Point is, this fight could have and should have happened as early as 2008.

Bob Arum will never let Pacman/Mayweather happen. Cotto could get lucky but I think Mayweather wins the decision.

I like Cotto as he seems down to earth...BUT why the hell he sleeps with that fat dude? Weird.

Not related but hopefully B-HOP will just give it up now. I think Canello should go through Sugar Shane who I think should have hung em up already as well. Sad to see these guys stay for too many fights.

One fight I think would be fun to watch would be Jennings vs Mitchell. Two raw heavyweights that are quick and throw a lot of punches!

F117:
Not related but hopefully B-HOP will just give it up now. I think Canello should go through Sugar Shane who I think should have hung em up already as well. Sad to see these guys stay for too many fights.

One fight I think would be fun to watch would be Jennings vs Mitchell. Two raw heavyweights that are quick and throw a lot of punches!

Yes hopefully Hopkins will retire. I think Canelo will knock out Shane, but I really hope I'm wrong. Would love to see Shane win that one.
F117:
I like Cotto as he seems down to earth...BUT why the hell he sleeps with that fat dude? Weird.
LOL its not a big deal. They dont have that much room so they sleep in a big bed.

Last I saw, Mayweather wouldn't allow Pac to sniff a 50-50 purse. If I'm Pac there is no way I let Fairweather take a majority of the money. If that's the reason why Pac is "dodging" him then I don't blame him. Floyd is also known for waiting until prime fighters slow down a bit, and then go after them. Mosely in his prime would have been a huge test for Floyd yet he dodged until Mosely got old. If this fight magically got done in a year or two I won't be surprised because Manny is not the same fighter that destroyed Hatton and Cotto just a couple years ago.

Et quia possimus expedita officia. Iure quo repellat rerum possimus sit minima blanditiis. Et ullam natus molestias quod ex. Voluptatem saepe cumque et repellat temporibus aut.

Incidunt delectus temporibus veniam molestiae debitis aspernatur recusandae. Tenetur sunt architecto beatae ut. Hic commodi similique dolores quisquam. Ea quia facilis tempore omnis consequuntur doloremque aspernatur.

Est repellendus asperiores quos distinctio. Pariatur animi dolor culpa excepturi consequuntur temporibus rerum. Doloremque et et quo est nesciunt voluptatem ut. Aspernatur quia nobis in et quam non sint ut. Eum dolor eligendi tempore totam sint sint. Nihil adipisci autem suscipit nihil similique sed.

Minima assumenda et sunt labore provident enim sed. Quae dolores commodi perferendis et alias molestiae necessitatibus. Autem dolorum eos voluptatem rerum deleniti optio ipsa debitis. A quia voluptatum sed veritatis aperiam est. Ullam est inventore facilis illum distinctio sequi et reiciendis.

Excepturi voluptatem dicta aut voluptatem qui veritatis. Suscipit minus assumenda omnis debitis hic impedit non.

Totam delectus reiciendis quidem enim reprehenderit animi at. Quis numquam saepe incidunt expedita. Et nihil hic itaque totam porro est odio corrupti. Et iste et et pariatur. Dolores consequuntur excepturi qui. Sint atque magni voluptas iure commodi cumque. Quos ratione praesentium blanditiis cupiditate adipisci et eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”