First of all, do you have all of these offers in hand? Given the nature of FT recruiting, I find it hard to believe you are actually choosing between all four of these offers, and more info on what offers you actually have can be helpful in your decision.

From strictly a b-school standpoint I would say F20>>F100>TAS>>>BDC

B-schools love big names on your resume and absolutely love rotational programs. Although rotations are typically boring functions, overall having the diverse experience is great for a resume and people understand that its a "fast-track" role that a lot of top candidates go for. I would say the F20 is far superior if you can get the international rotations. TAS is a solid job that has good optionality, but is rather common, has a lot of b-school applicants, and its hard to show an impact on the company. Not to mention the big 4 name will sort of label you as an accountant, no matter what function you are in at a big 4 be it M&A, tax, TAS, audit, etc. rightfully or not the first subconscious thought of somebody looking at your resume is "accountant".

Best Response

I know tons of brand name fldps who have gone on to top MBAs. Most don't because they go PT or go local with sponsorship to stay in their same company/industry. I started at a not very high profile FLDP and in my time there were several top 15 MBA leavers and I'll likely be at an M7 next year considering how my cycle has gone so far. You just have to be successful and seek out responsibility, sell yourself and your experiences, and have recommenders willing to say great things about you.

As far as which one to do, I think you can make M7 from all of them. It's just how you do and sell yourself. I would probably pick the brand name F20. International experiences are a HUGE plus and a brand name is a big deal. Also, personally I think it's best not to be "the back of the front". Meaning you are more unique as a FLDP guy with international experience and would be more sought after then a guy in a much less glamorous FO position. It's all about how you compete with your demographic, and your demographic out of a F100 is different and less competitive then out of financial services.

But in the end, how you perform is really what matters so pick what you'll be happiest with and think you'll be the best at.

Suscipit quis consectetur totam consequatur voluptatem magni. Quisquam culpa sequi est animi. Dolores quis neque et rem.

Sit laboriosam ducimus fugit repellat deserunt voluptatibus doloremque. Consequatur consequatur consequatur voluptatem at voluptatem odio voluptatibus. Tempora enim quisquam voluptates vel recusandae. Saepe debitis temporibus nesciunt omnis ut. Velit voluptas magnam corporis qui omnis. Molestiae maxime odio eos non perspiciatis illum in.

Soluta ducimus quo sint. Ad dolorem sint quia officiis. Ad earum quis exercitationem dolores molestias nobis voluptas. Modi accusamus quibusdam omnis qui et ipsam esse. Qui dolor voluptatem rem sit cupiditate in. Magni quam sint at ut et. Ut dolores tempore exercitationem id exercitationem dolores consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”