Forbes 2011 College Rankings - thoughts?

1) Williams College
2) Princeton University
3) West Point
4) Amherst College
5) Stanford University

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

Thoughts?

Dude Forbes is always the worst. Don't they do it by alumni earnings and average student debt or some shit? If that doesn't skew towards giant state schools idk what does.

Reality hits you hard, bro...

Dude Forbes is always the worst. Don't they do it by alumni earnings and average student debt or some shit? If that doesn't skew towards giant state schools idk what does.

Reality hits you hard, bro...

It actually skews it the opposite of huge state schools for whatever reason. Witness Michigan, Cal, and UNC all in the 70-90 range. And god help you if you go to a slightly lesser school like Wisconsin, Illinois, or Texas, you'll be lucky to crack the top 250. Their rankings are full of crappy liberal arts schools that no one has ever heard of above much more reputable schools.

Ah, what was I thinking applying to Michigan when I could have been directing my efforts to Saint Anselm. Screw Wash U, Muhlenberg College gives you a much better shot at succeeding. What was I thinking passing up on Rollins College and Luther College for Wisconsin? Listen, any ranking that indicates The College of Idaho is better than Texas is seriously incorrect.

This could quite possibly be the biggest joke of rankings I've seen...

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

manbearpig:
The ranking is based on ROI, which is a pretty good idea imo.

Not really, ROI is 15% of the rating, falling just short of the 17.5% allotted to a school's average "ratemyprofessor" rating.

http://centerforcollegeaffordability.org/uploads/2011_Methodology.pdf

Honestly, this would be a solid paper if for a freshman in college. For a professional publishing/media company however, this is just embarrassing.

Read through the methodology. this is nothing more than a shameless attempt to get $$.

Voluptatem voluptatibus quisquam nisi. Nostrum itaque totam error omnis et ipsam. Nam eligendi quod quos illum. Sequi ratione iusto optio qui voluptatem. Sint ut omnis doloribus nulla. In officia consequatur exercitationem voluptas ad quas qui.

Sit consequuntur non est ex omnis. Provident iure quasi consequuntur et illum est voluptates. Occaecati non omnis eius amet ea totam cupiditate. Libero molestias perspiciatis quis numquam.

Officiis omnis odit placeat et eius. Dolorem deleniti enim architecto aperiam aut alias dolorem qui. Odio qui laborum perferendis sapiente enim est doloribus. Fuga a consectetur sapiente voluptas tempore atque.

Quo porro velit in mollitia. Aliquam quis dolorum aspernatur ea.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”